Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 05-10-2026, 20:53
3dmodelingmodest 3dmodelingmodest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2026
Location: Philippines
Posts: 13
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3dmodelingmodest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Forster/STA View Post
(You have to unpack all eight .dat files!)

There's nothing more in the .dat files than the files my little tool can extract from them. I can load the extracted .mesh files into OGRE mesh viewer or Ogre Meshy and see the 3D models, including Kirby and his sidekick.

The GZIPs were false detection, there's no GZIP-compressed data in the .dat files. The compression algorithm of PNG pictures and GZIP archives is similar ("deflate", a derivative of LZ77) but that doesn't make PNG pictures special cases of GZIP.
What? you kidding me? I want you to take a look at this. Compared with your own tool, Game Extractor has done a very impressive job unearthing all of the textures and icons in the first two folders for the characters! I believe this must be all I could find for the textures and icons. As for 3D stuff I don't think GE was made for that and thats why we need another tool for the job but unfortunately it seems your method wasn't good enough but it was nice try though! I only wish theres more people answering my questions involved but Im afraid you're the only one I could find who can help. So if there is anymore you can do with a .DAT file besides extracting what very little it can pull out, I like you to try what else you can come up with because Google and Github are not giving me the best results with my search! I only hope you or someone else might figure this out.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/75axu...p+new.zip/file

This is what the Game Extractor got for me. I also used Dragon Unpacker which doesn't open DAT sadly. So GE did a better job than Dragon Unpack and only that your tool did got me at least few of the MESH files of only the background objects such as floors and plants but no characters yet!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Question Thread Masquerade Conversion Tutorials 343 30-09-2026 01:57
Game files integrity check - XHash Library BLACKFIRE69 Conversion Tutorials 25 21-06-2026 05:32
How to patch languages out of game files (xtool erase decode) KaktoR Conversion Tutorials 5 01-11-2022 08:54
Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC) vollachr Conversion Tutorials 55 26-04-2021 09:27
How to convert DC *.ADX sound files back to one *.AFS sound file? CRANKYfranky DC Games 11 06-12-2010 11:12



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com