Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 15-08-2003, 16:02

ottoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ottoman Send a message via Yahoo to ottoman
Changing ISO (mode1,2048) to bin(mode2 2352)

HI, have made an iso of cd based ps2 game an was wondering if any one can talk me through how to convert from mode 1 2048 ISO to mode 2 2352 image.

Have tried cdmage which will extract a .TAO image in mode 2 2352 but once burned it doesn't work on a messiah modded version 5.

Have also tried winISO which will convert the .iso into a .bin file in mode1 2352 which won't even varify using cdmage image varify option.

This is simply for info only, I am curious!!! ( Yes I'm sad!)

Regards

Otto

PS thanx to all people giving info regarding ripping files off a cd an then getting them into order to burn back on. Increased my understanding no end!
Old 15-08-2003, 20:23
Banned

ihaveanosebleed is on a distinguished road
Iím sure that ALL Playstation CD ROMís are Mode 2, even PS2. If you made an image of one that says Mode 1 then you have made a very big mistake and your image is probably corrupt, bad file allocation tables etc. Even if you can extract the files with Winimage or something they will probably be a scrambled mess and useless.

Your only hope of recovering that image is if some program out there can ignore the header info and recognize the data as being the Raw Mode 2 Data as it should have been saved as. Obviously Cdmage did not recognize the data properly and maybe nothing will. Did you look at the CD on your computer and see if the files even show up?

I donít know what you used to make the image or how you could possibly mess it up but you should make a new image from the original with a different program, perhaps CDRwin.
Old 16-08-2003, 02:29
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Nope. I don't think it's possible. I haven't heard of anything with the ability to convert a Mode1 image to Mode2. Sorry about that one...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 16-08-2003, 04:01
Die Hard Member

khafan
Send a message via AIM to khafan Send a message via MSN to khafan
Try UltraISO, It's a powerfull program,
http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/
Old 17-08-2003, 00:48
Die Hard Member

psx_paul is on a distinguished road
Re: Changing ISO (mode1,2048) to bin(mode2 2352)

Quote:
Originally posted by ottoman
Have tried cdmage which will extract a .TAO image in mode 2 2352 but once burned it doesn't work on a messiah modded version 5.
I tried that way too, the image is converted to mode 2 2352 but fails to boot on my v5 PAL with Messiah.

I would be interested to know if you do eventually get this working
Xbox v1.5 with AppleX V + 120GB HD upgrade[/b]
[url]http://dvdrbase.com[/url]
[url=http://bst-illusions.com][size=1]Like Java Arcade Games ?[/size][/url]

[center]- [url]irc://irc.efnet.net/fileforums[/url] - #Fileforums on EFNET[/center]
Old 17-08-2003, 14:40

Just a quick question. If all official ps2 cdr's r in mode 2 2352, then how did I manage to get a mode 1 2048 iso image off in the first place??

Regards an thanx for replies so far
Old 17-08-2003, 14:45
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
What software did you create the CD-R with. Some you need to choose Mode 2 with, e.g.: CDRWin. Others do it automatically (e.g.: Alcohol 120%).
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 17-08-2003, 15:16

I used Nero. That shouldn't have misread thecd.

I also got sum homebrew stuff ( Dreamspec and Beebem ) that r mode 1 2048 an they seem to boot fine.
Old 18-08-2003, 09:35
Die Hard Member

psx_paul is on a distinguished road
I think that it is the iml2iso exe that creates a mode 1 2048 iso image (otherwise it is cd_dvd rom generator).

Your homebrew programs that are mode 1 2048 boot fine as your PS2 version is capable of reading them (I read somewhere that anything v5+ can read this image type).

Hope that this helps
Xbox v1.5 with AppleX V + 120GB HD upgrade[/b]
[url]http://dvdrbase.com[/url]
[url=http://bst-illusions.com][size=1]Like Java Arcade Games ?[/size][/url]

[center]- [url]irc://irc.efnet.net/fileforums[/url] - #Fileforums on EFNET[/center]