Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Software & Utilities

Old 09-11-2001, 18:08

yokese20
Problems with CLoneCD

I have used Clone CD for a long time. Suddenly the CDs I copy with it get erroneous sectors. When the copy is finished it isn't reported any errors. But when I check the copied CD I found erroenous sectors.
I have tested with old versions of Clone CD and erroneous sectors are written too.

I have installed Nero 5.5.5.1. I'd like to know if some drivers or something of another program could cause this erroenous sectors don't reported. With Nero 5.5.5.1 the copies I make are perfect.

Waht's the matter with CLone CD ?

I have a Yamaha 8824E CDR writer and a Acer 36x CDR reader to make the CD images.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2001, 01:23
robaerus

Quote:
yokese20 (10-11-2001 02:08):
I have used Clone CD for a long time. Suddenly the CDs I copy with it get erroneous sectors. When the copy is finished it isn't reported any errors. But when I check the copied CD I found erroenous sectors.
I have tested with old versions of Clone CD and erroneous sectors are written too.

I have installed Nero 5.5.5.1. I'd like to know if some drivers or something of another program could cause this erroenous sectors don't reported. With Nero 5.5.5.1 the copies I make are perfect.

Waht's the matter with CLone CD ?

I have a Yamaha 8824E CDR writer and a Acer 36x CDR reader to make the CD images.
Well...If I have understood your question well, for what I know is normal that CloneCD reports erroneus sectors, probably you have unmarked the "don't report read errors" but the most important thing is if your backups work or not...also, which kind of protection you want to backup? With most protections you will always get erroneus sectors, but this doesn't mean that your backup isn't good...also if the backup doesn't work can itprobably depend on the media you are using? (that's just another idea...) and for what I know nero is more used to backup music and not games....CloneCD and Blindwrite Suite are much better for games.

I really hope that this has been useful, if it hasn't been, just make me know...

Robaerus
Old 10-11-2001, 10:01

yokese20
Sorry for my english. I'm afraid I haven't explained my problem properly.

I understand that if I copy a protected CD with erroneous sectors I'll get a copied CD with erroneous sectors too. But it isn't the problem.

I'm speaking about a normal CD with data, without erroneous sectors or any copy protection. When I make a copy CloneCD doesn't report erroneous sectors and it does't report any problem while recording.

I finish the recording, and then I test the copied CD with anohter program to search erroneous sectors in de copied CD. Then I find erroenous sectors in my copy so, I think, CloneCD has done a bad recording.

I confirm my fears when I try to do a straight copy form copied CD to my harddisk and in the process erroneous files are found. I have tested it and in the original CD these files are perfect, without any error.

I repeat that Nero continues working well. I have installed Blindwrite and I'm going to test it this evening.

I hope you understand my problem now and thanks for your help.