Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 21:57

xxstryderxx is on a distinguished road
Angry My Sims CD Image Problem! PLZ HLP

Basically thats what is happening. I'll put the iso on daemon and then it will pop up that window there and it has all the files that it need but its just not acting like a CD. i honestly dont know whats wrong i was hoping one of these computer genious's could help me out and tell me what i need to do to make these work.

thanks in advance

Last edited by xxstryderxx; 11-11-2007 at 21:59. Reason: wrong photo
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 22:28
zeroes and ones.....

TippeX is on a distinguished road
that sure doesnt look like a daemon window (bottom right corner)...
can you explain 'not acting like a cd'... ? as your post doesn't really make much sense...
i see poseden also, are you mounting a mini/maxi image? if so, i hope you're aware those images are useless to install from as they contain dummy files and only the valid protection signature...

again.. please explain exactly what you're trying to achieve...
Old 11-11-2007, 22:58

yea its daemon search bar.. the real program didnt show up in a screen shot.

and i have no clue what ur talking about bro honestly.. all i know is it an iso.. and it should mount and act like the cd its an iso of.. my sims 2 works fine but im trying to get pets to work basically is my goal.

i thot the picture explained most.. it doenst act like the cd as it should, look at G: and F:.. G: is empty and F: has my mounted iso.. and as u can see the icon is exactly the same.. AKA its not doing anything i need it to do

maybe this would be an easier conversation on like aim or something

im just trying to run pets man thats all

Last edited by xxstryderxx; 11-11-2007 at 23:02.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:14
zeroes and ones.....

a mini/maxi image does nothing..... its just a dummy file containing protection information, you cant install from it / autorun it etc...

did you make the image yourself? also iso contains no protection information - are the files you have 'iso' extension or mds/mdf (alc/dt format)... ? icon wont show for mini/maxi image either, as it'll be all blank really....

easier conversation like aim etc -> no chance, the point of the forum is for others to help you as well, single conv's achieve nothing...

so if you can elaborate...

1. how did you make the image? / where did you get it?
2. did you install the game from the original?
3. do you have the original?
4. does the original exe work with the original disk?
Old 11-11-2007, 23:54

ive read the rules so lets just say i have the game but dont feel like using the original.. im challengin myself

and i was just asking i dont see why ur being so hostile. if one person could help me out on aim 10x faster then 10 on here then that WOULD be most helpful but anyways.

its iso.. my sims 2 i use the original to install and made a mds/mdf from the disk one. but no to answer ur q's i dont have original installed. its and iso which from ur comments say its just garbage to begin with. im trying to get this damn thing mds/mdf style.

but heres the thing even when i had the original on the reg sims2 and i tried to download an image offline, mds/mdf iso any of that shit it did the same thing. and i had to use acohol 120 to make my own mds/mdf from the original disk

im trying to work around that problem this time

and i said i was new.. i dont know what all this mini/maxi stuff is.. i got my sims 2 to work and now im going for pets. i research and apply.. i dont really try to master one thing like cd images.. i just try to obtain what i need using computers.. its what their hear for

so im sure u get what im dealing with/trying to do now.

any tips? or ideas.. slash help

Last edited by xxstryderxx; 12-11-2007 at 00:01.
Old 11-11-2007, 23:59
zeroes and ones.....

im not being hostile, im just not giving out my instant messenger info...
if its iso and you're trying to make mds/mdf - forget it, it'll never work you need the original to make a decent mds/mdf to bypass the protection

im also reading between the lines in your response about the rules..... and alarm bells are ringing... (lets just say....)

if the iso doesnt install then its a mini/maxi image (quite why its iso is anyones guess though)...

using the original exe, and the mounted image, you should either get
1. success...
2. some error code about the disk not being validated / conflict with emulator

if you get one of those 2 we can progress further to find out exactly whats going on about the image.... so please try with the original exe
so, install from the original, and let me know if it works....
Old 12-11-2007, 00:16

well i said i used the original for the sim 2

the one for the pets im not using.

so if ur sayin the i wont be able to install from an image than that would answer alot of my questions.

unless there are ways around this in which case im willing to learn. if not.. then i suppose my research is done.

lmk mate
Old 12-11-2007, 01:03

Thanked 1,744 Times in 747 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
@xxstryderxx
You say:
Quote:
G: is empty and F: has my mounted iso..
We can clearly see from the pic you posted that it says "poseden_Sims2EP4_".

'poseden' made the image so its not 'your' image at all. You did NOT create this image from 'your' original disc! 'poseden' is a member of these forums and yes he normally creates Maxi or Mini images. You should educate yourself as to what these images are.
As Tippex has already told you, they will not work to install the game. Providing you install from 'your' original discs they will only help you to 'play' the game without using your original disc in the drive.

From reading between your lines I can clearly see you do not own the original discs for this game!

We wont help you to get any warez release to work!

Before you get yourself banned I suggest you 'carefully' read our Forum Rules again so you understand them and what they mean.
Old 12-11-2007, 13:52

oddly enough i never said i didnt have the original. so ur assuming that not me.

the best part is about these "rules" though. if i scroll up to the top on THIS site. there a link to another site with just about every game image on it. this site defiantly supports them. i just think its weird thats all. anyways thanks for the help.

later
Closed Thread