Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 15-11-2021, 06:40

Thanked 1,706 Times in 580 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRedex View Post
Hi all.
Could you please help me with the following:
I have an installer for a mod, but if a person uninstalls a mod, the whole game is uninstalled as well.
How can I make it so that only the mod files are deleted?

I was thinking of keeping an install log and taking files from it to delete, but damn, that doesn't work right.
(It doesn't delete files from the list and it doesn't log small files)
I'll attach a sample code)

Thank you in advance.

Code:
Function InitializeUninstall(): Boolean;
begin
  ULog := FileExists(ExpandConstant('{app}\INSTALL.LOG')); // you need to get the log now, it might not exist later
  if ULog then // if there is a log file, create a sheet where we load the list of files
  begin
    unins_list := TStringList.Create;
    unins_list.LoadFromFile(ExpandConstant('{app}\INSTALL.LOG'));
  end;
  Result := True;
end;

Procedure CurUninstallStepChanged(CurUninstallStep: TUninstallStep);
  var
    i : Integer;
begin
  If CurUninstallStep = usPostUninstall then
    if ULog then
    begin
      for i := 0 to unins_list.Count-1 do DeleteFile(unins_list:[i]); // delete files from the list - It doesn't work
      unins_list.Free;
    end;
end;
Example here
The IsDone callback function (ProgressCallback) does not display the names of all files.
This function is called 4 times per second and only the current filename is shown in the output.

If you use a native installation of Inno Setup (No UnArc/ISDone) it will only remove the installed files.

But for you to continue using your script you can create a list using FindFirst and FindNext of all the files that are in the game folder right after the ISDoneInit function.
After the ISDoneStop function you do a new check using FindFirst and FindNext and compare the names with the previous list using:
if oldfileslist.IndexOf(<fullfilename>) < 0 then ins_log.Append(<fullfilename>);
Sponsored Links
Old 15-11-2021, 09:15

BYRedex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
The IsDone callback function (ProgressCallback) does not display the names of all files.
This function is called 4 times per second and only the current filename is shown in the output.

If you use a native installation of Inno Setup (No UnArc/ISDone) it will only remove the installed files.

But for you to continue using your script you can create a list using FindFirst and FindNext of all the files that are in the game folder right after the ISDoneInit function.
After the ISDoneStop function you do a new check using FindFirst and FindNext and compare the names with the previous list using:
if oldfileslist.IndexOf(<fullfilename>) < 0 then ins_log.Append(<fullfilename>);
Here is my ProgressCallback code
Code:
procedure DeinitializeSetup;
begin
 BASS_Free;
 ForceCloseApp(ExpandConstant('{tmp}'));
end;

function ProgressCallback(OveralPct,CurrentPct: integer;CurrentFile,TimeStr1,TimeStr2,TimeStr3:PAnsiChar): longword;
var
 s : AnsiString;
 FCurrentFile : String;
begin
  if OveralPct<=1000 then ProgressBar.Value(OveralPct);
  WizardForm.ProgressGauge.Position:=OveralPct;
  FinishLabl5.Text(ExpandConstant('{cm:TIME_TAKEN} ')+TimeStr2);
  InsPageLabl4.Text(ExpandConstant('Осталось около: ')+TimeStr1);
  InsPageLabl5.Text(ExpandConstant('Прошло около: ')+TimeStr2);
  InsPageLabl6.Text(IntToStr(Round(OveralPct div 10))+'% ИЗВЛЕЧЕНО ФАЙЛОВ');
  s := ExpandConstant('{cm:Extracting} ') + CurrentFile;
  If InsLogBox.LineStrings(InsLogBox.LineCount - 1) <> s Then
  begin
   FCurrentFile := MinimizePathName(ExpandConstant('{cm:Extracting} ') +CurrentFile, WizardForm.ReadyMemo.Font, 500 - ScaleX(50))
   InsLogBox.AddLine(FCurrentFile);
  end;
  Result := ISDoneCancel;
end;

procedure CurStepChanged(CurStep: TSetupStep);
var
 ResultCode:Integer;
begin
   if CurStep = ssPostInstall then
   begin
   ISDoneError:=true;
   if ISDoneInit(ExpandConstant('{tmp}\records.inf'), 5555, 0,0,0, MainForm.Handle, 512, @ProgressCallback) then begin
     repeat
     ChangeLanguage('english');
     SetIniString('srep','temp',ExpandConstant('{app}'),ExpandConstant('{tmp}\cls.ini'));
     Installing:=true;

#ifdef Data1
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D1[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D1[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat1}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #ifdef Data2
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D2[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D2[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat2}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #ifdef Data3
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D3[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D3[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat3}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #ifdef Data4
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D4[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D4[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat4}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #ifdef Data5
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D5[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D5[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat5}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #ifdef Data6
     if not ISArcExtract ( 0, {#D6[61]}, ExpandConstant('{src}\{#D6[60]}'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false,('{#Dat6}'), ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}\temp'), false) then break;
     #endif
     #endif
     #endif
     #endif
     #endif
     #endif

ISDoneError:=false;
     until true;
     ISDoneStop;
    end;
  end;
If you can, please attach an example that I can lean on - it will be easier for me to understand and change my code.
And perhaps an IsDone can be substituted?

UPD/

I have information displayed in FMemo (InsLogBox : FMemo, can it also be saved to a file?

Code:
s := ExpandConstant('{cm:Extracting} ') + CurrentFile;
  If InsLogBox.LineStrings(InsLogBox.LineCount - 1) <> s Then
  begin
   FCurrentFile := MinimizePathName(ExpandConstant('{cm:Extracting} ') +CurrentFile, WizardForm.ReadyMemo.Font, 500 - ScaleX(50))
   InsLogBox.AddLine(FCurrentFile);

Last edited by BYRedex; 15-11-2021 at 13:26.
Old 26-11-2021, 13:31

kj911 is on a distinguished road
Questions from calculated installed game size info added via INNO setup appsize info: Use raw bytes count on installed all files or use phsycal disk storage count calculated via OS??? (Note: The disk size reservation is related to the sector size. Example: 512byte, 4096byter, 32kB, etc...)

Example:

~160k files, and size in bytes (without uninstaller): 19 034 361 518 byte
OS calculated Disk Space size (NTFS, WinXP): 19 340 095 488 byte

Size difference its ~300MB!
Old 26-11-2021, 23:58
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj911 View Post
(Note: The disk size reservation is related to the sector size. Example: 512byte, 4096byter, 32kB, etc...)
That's more precisely the cluster size.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 03-12-2021, 04:02

fabrieunko is on a distinguished road
Hello, how do I display the installer at the bottom of the screen? instead of being in the middle?
Old 12-05-2022, 15:17

sakhjack is on a distinguished road
[Dying Light] csb file failed CRC check

Unarc.dll error code: -12
Error: file ...\Music_2.csb failed CRC check
compression: xtool:mreflate + any other method
things tried: disable AV, install MVC++, increase page file, install on different drive
-----
using different pre-compressor like xt_lzo (or none at all) solves the issue

Last edited by sakhjack; 13-05-2022 at 22:04. Reason: solution
Old 24-05-2022, 07:39

kj911 is on a distinguished road
The task killing code (green line, from use Xtool) its works from newer OS than Win XP??

Code:
procedure CancelButtonClick(CurPageID: Integer; var Cancel, Confirm: Boolean);
ISDoneError:=True;
ISDoneCancel:=1;
Exec('taskkill.exe', '/f /im XT.exe','', SW_HIDE, ewNoWait, ResultCode);
DelTree(ExpandConstant('{app}'), True, True, True);
AllCancel2;
Old 24-05-2022, 23:50
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj911 View Post
The task killing code (green line, from use Xtool) its works from newer OS than Win XP??[/CODE]
It does.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!