Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 20-11-2001, 16:38

bsdgkjsdvsdvd
What ModChip should I get?

I live in Norway and have a original PAL PS2. I am going to chip it, mostly in order to play backups. Ive heard a lot of talk about the NEO here, but there are so many different, what should I choose?
This is what I have heard of:
NEO 2.2
NEO4
Messiah

Which one to choose? Thanx for all help
Old 20-11-2001, 17:04

tombrown
I have a uk pal ps2 scph 3003 version 3 & have just installed a neo4 chip,i have to say that installing takes time & PATIENCE (44 wires), but boy is it worth it.Boots ps1 backups & originals,ps2 backups & originals,dvd-r (with simple swap trick) plays any region dvd,disables macrovision,what more can we ask for ???
Old 21-11-2001, 01:19
Charlie

Quote:
tombrown (21-11-2001 01:04):
I have a uk pal ps2 scph 3003 version 3 & have just installed a neo4 chip,i have to say that installing takes time & PATIENCE (44 wires), but boy is it worth it.Boots ps1 backups & originals,ps2 backups & originals,dvd-r (with simple swap trick) plays any region dvd,disables macrovision,what more can we ask for ???
Booting import originals would be handy. You've got to go to a lot of trouble/cost to make DVD-Rs of US or JAP imports. Some games come out months before they are released here.
Old 21-11-2001, 08:49

dr_schnaggelz
Quote:
bsdgkjsdvsdvd (21-11-2001 00:38):
I live in Norway and have a original PAL PS2. I am going to chip it, mostly in order to play backups. Ive heard a lot of talk about the NEO here, but there are so many different, what should I choose?
This is what I have heard of:
NEO 2.2
NEO4
Messiah

Which one to choose? Thanx for all help

as i learned from charlie try to get the origa chip 1.2 (plays every ps1 and ps2 games --> originals, importgames and backups, even dvdr`s !!!!) or the messiah chip. but the messiah should be released in one or two weeks for first time !!!

i have the origa 1.2 installed (in due to charlies advice !!!!) and it works fine !!! with the dvd region x it is easy to boot every game !!

so i hope i could help you.

by now i gotta go and play mgs2..... :-)

cu
Old 21-11-2001, 23:27

Playstation Fan
Check out this website for the PS2 mod chip - ####://www.modchip-sbox.com. So far this is the website that sell the PS2 mod chip for very very cheap.
Old 22-11-2001, 03:15
Charlie

Very, very cheap isn't everything. Some people are so cheap-seeking that they obtain cracked copying software and wonder why it goes wrong!

I recommend avoiding external mod-chips because they can't do everything that is useful. The most versatile modchips on the market to the best of my knowledge in order of versatility are OrigaChip (15), NEO4 (44) and NEO2.2 (8) - figures in brackets are the number of wires. NEO2.2 will do everything with a swap trick except play import originals; NEO4 should do everything that NEO2.2 does, some of them without a swap; OrigaChip does all that NEO2.2 does and plays import originals without a swap.

When Messiah is released (might be before XMAS), it'll do all that OrigaChip does and backups without Swap.

The USB mods need patches to make some games (esp. EA) work. The internal chips play games straight off if copied with CloneCD on 100% compatible burner.