Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 29-12-2000, 23:52

Rodman
Clone CD let me down with Dave Mirra BMX

First time ever CloneCD 2.8.3.1 let me down. Unable to copy Dave Mirra BMX. All my protection detection programs said no protection found. I went with normal settings and no go. Anyone know what settings will work?? I noticed it only says the cd contains 174meg. Seems very small for todays programs. Please Help... Im usng a Plexwriter for both the reading and the writing.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-12-2000, 03:20

LiZaRo
Quote:
Rodman (30-12-2000 07:52):
First time ever CloneCD 2.8.3.1 let me down. Unable to copy Dave Mirra BMX. All my protection detection programs said no protection found. I went with normal settings and no go. Anyone know what settings will work?? I noticed it only says the cd contains 174meg. Seems very small for todays programs. Please Help... Im usng a Plexwriter for both the reading and the writing.
CloneCD is unable to copy this type of protection. I don't know exactly what kind of protection it has, but I know that when every protection detector says: "no protection or unknown", it's usually this type of strange protection. I've onle been able to copy these type of games with a crack. But it seems that there's still no crack available (I'm looking for it).
(V-Rally 2 Expert Edition has the same type of protection).
Old 30-12-2000, 07:01

DoubleTap
I will try to research this and figure it out. Remember, CloneCd doesn't even look at the protection since it retrieves the data beneath it. I have never not been able to "back something up" but then again I have never tried this game. I will go borrow the game today for the sole purpose of figuring out the settings required for "backing-up" the original. I will try to have an answer for you as soon as possible.

Cybercop 8)
Old 30-12-2000, 10:41

da4
I tried Blindread, still no luck.Pleaze someone with mucho intelligence help me make a backup of this game.This is a great game so try it if you haven't.