Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 23-03-2005, 13:22

kathartic is on a distinguished road
How to fix a stuck cd drawer

I don't know if this is a common problem with flip tops or not but my drawer get's stuck open every so often. I talked to a few people in chat that paid big bucks to get this fixed so I'm sharing my technique here. Hope it saves somebody some cash!

Ps. Check out my site: http://www.ps2rulez.com

The most common problem with flip tops is they affect the pressure plate and occassionaly can cause the ps2 drawer to get stuck open! In these circumstances when you push in the drawer manually or with the button the pressure plate will rise and block the door from closing. Thankfully there is an easy fix for stuck PS2 doors! Here is a picture of my recently jammed PS2, with the lid off. (note the festive easter themed table cloth, awesome!)

The fix involves loosening two screws on the left hand side of the drawer. This will allow you to lift the entire tray on that side, which is also the side which engages the gear drive that raises the pressure plate therefore the root of our problem. Before you loosen the screws, pull the tray out as far as it will go with a [bold]reasonably small amount of pressure[/bold]. Here's a pic of the screws.

You'll need an eyeglass screw driver or some similarly fine tipped phillips screwdriver. Once the screws are out you'll be able to tilt the drawer, don't worry it's on a guide post on the right side, and slide it completely back inside. Fasten the screws down and you should be good to go.

[bold]IF[/bold] the drawer is not setting flat with the case apply a little pressure to the front, try to do it evenly, and you will hear a light snap as the gear assembly pops back to closed cycle position. Reassemble the PS2 and your back in the swap game again!
Sponsored Links