Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 15-05-2022, 08:20

Spotless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaktoR View Post
Your error could happen because you edited the script. I will give no support for edited script unless you know what to do.

Go to Help folder and read Settings.txt. There is all explained you need to know.
ok thanks
it was errors from the archive

about the script im editing it but i keep your credits
Old 15-05-2022, 09:34

another question how do i change the whole installer font?
Old 15-05-2022, 10:59
Conversion Designer

Thanked 7,724 Times in 1,912 Posts
mausschieber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotless View Post
another question how do i change the whole installer font?
As KaktoR says before
Code:
Go to Help folder and read Settings.txt. There is all explained you need to know.

Old 15-05-2022, 12:33
Lame User

Thanked 5,848 Times in 2,159 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
It is only possible to change the welcome and finish messages.

By editing the script it is possible to change the whole appereance of the installer too, like this

However sometimes it is needed to change the font size for all elements. Like in the image above, you will see some cut texts.
Old 15-05-2022, 17:31

Thanked 1,709 Times in 580 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is only possible to change the welcome and finish messages.

By editing the script it is possible to change the whole appereance of the installer too, like this

However sometimes it is needed to change the font size for all elements. Like in the image above, you will see some cut texts.
Suggestion.
Instead of using Fonte.Size := 14 you can try using Fonte.Height := Scale(10) for example (it will keep the Height aspect of the font automatically calculating the font.size).
The Following User Says Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
KaktoR (16-05-2022)
Old 16-05-2022, 11:16

Thank you guys for Help
i want to combine records.ini to setup
and i want to add component archive name
and Redists does not work

Last edited by Spotless; 17-05-2022 at 12:22.
Old 20-05-2022, 00:18

L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
What'd be the best solution for being able to use a custom directory constant for a component file? I'm interested in looking into using something like the "{sd}" constant for a given component entry.

I know such functionality is supported for specifying the path of an ".ini" file under [INISettings], but I'm not too sure how to implement it.

I believe this is the section of the script I should be looking at, with the highlighted text being the value that I THINK indicates the working directory for where the file should be.

Code:
            ComponentFile := ExpandConstant('{src}\' + GetIniString('ComponentsSettings', 'Component' + IntToStr(CompIndexList[I]) + '.File', '', ExpandConstant('{tmp}\Settings.ini')));
            if (ISDoneError = False) and FileExists(ComponentFile) then
              if not ISArcExtract(0, 0, ComponentFile, ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false, '', ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), false) then
                ISDoneError := True;
I thought about using "{#.File}" or "{#File}", (as seen when used for "{#INIFile}") but this doesn't seem to be a valid solution, would anyone be able to suggest a method that I can look into?
Old 20-05-2022, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33THAK0R View Post
What'd be the best solution for being able to use a custom directory constant for a component file? I'm interested in looking into using something like the "{sd}" constant for a given component entry.

I know such functionality is supported for specifying the path of an ".ini" file under [INISettings], but I'm not too sure how to implement it.

I believe this is the section of the script I should be looking at, with the highlighted text being the value that I THINK indicates the working directory for where the file should be.

Code:
            ComponentFile := ExpandConstant('{src}\' + GetIniString('ComponentsSettings', 'Component' + IntToStr(CompIndexList[I]) + '.File', '', ExpandConstant('{tmp}\Settings.ini')));
            if (ISDoneError = False) and FileExists(ComponentFile) then
              if not ISArcExtract(0, 0, ComponentFile, ExpandConstant('{app}'), '', false, '', ExpandConstant('{tmp}\arc.ini'), ExpandConstant('{app}'), false) then
                ISDoneError := True;
I thought about using "{#.File}" or "{#File}", (as seen when used for "{#INIFile}") but this doesn't seem to be a valid solution, would anyone be able to suggest a method that I can look into?
This is an old version of ASIS and I don't even remember anymore, but I think you can use any constant supported by Inno Setup, but all components will be redirected to new constant.
P.S: The current version you configure directly in the Records.ini file for each component.
Old 20-05-2022, 04:36

I am able to change all components to use a given constant, was hoping though to be able to use a different constant for each component, thanks for the help nonetheless.

All the new functionality in newer versions of the script really have me seriously considering making the move from v7.2.0, honestly though the only thing stopping me is the super convenient "Compressor GUI", its a shame it was phased out after v7.2.0 .
Old 20-05-2022, 07:57

Compressor GUI was eliminated to make way for DiskSpan GUI which has much more features and ease of compression doing everything automatically.

Why don't you use DiskSpan GUI?
Old 20-05-2022, 08:47

fabrieunko is on a distinguished road
hello I would like to add the equalizer if someone can give me a track? thank you in advance
Old 20-05-2022, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
Compressor GUI was eliminated to make way for DiskSpan GUI which has much more features and ease of compression doing everything automatically.

Why don't you use DiskSpan GUI?
Compressor GUI looks great, and honestly its a god send for many, but I just use my own little script to process archives using multiple compressors, since I'm often running at least 10-20 fairly large compression tests at any given moment, and having a simple terminal window is just less resource intensive and more easily readable for me personally.

Sorry if I offended you, DiskSpan GUI is a great tool, just not my personal cup of tea.
Old 20-05-2022, 09:35
Lame User

Thanked 5,848 Times in 2,159 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
You don't have to use DiskSpan GUI for ASIS. You can still create your own archive which whatever tool you like. The only thing is you have to create a Setup.dll manualy. All of this is explained in Help folder\Setup.dll.txt
Cesar82 (20-05-2022)
Old 20-05-2022, 09:57

Quote:
You don't have to use DiskSpan GUI for ASIS. You can still create your own archive which whatever tool you like. The only thing is you have to create a Setup.dll manualy. All of this is explained in Help folder\Setup.dll.txt
Ah sick yeah checking out v7.3.3 right now, things seem a lot more streamlined than the last time I checked out a newer revision, think I'll migrate over, the eye-boggling amount of new features/QoL improvements is too good to pass up on, plus being able to aggressively compress all the required compressors into a separate archive is super convenient, very confident this'll save at least a couple GB in space once I've rebuilt all my setup executables that were built using v7.2.0 .

Last edited by L33THAK0R; 20-05-2022 at 10:01.
Old 20-05-2022, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33THAK0R View Post
Ah sick yeah checking out v7.3.3 right now, things seem a lot more streamlined than the last time I checked out a newer revision, think I'll migrate over, the eye-boggling amount of new features/QoL improvements is too good to pass up on, plus being able to aggressively compress all the required compressors into a separate archive is super convenient, very confident this'll save at least a couple GB in space once I've rebuilt all my setup executables that were built using v7.2.0 .
I've been looking at my old source codes here and apparently the current ASIS (v7.3.3) works with the COMPRESSOR_ GUI included in ASIS v7.2.2 (also including the compressor files).

I attached the files referring to the old compressors that worked with the COMPRESSOR_GUI (They must be very outdated).
With this GUI compressor you create the Setup.dll file that can be used with current ASIS (I think).
It must be extracted to the ASIS folder.
P.S: Add the 64BitOnly=0 key in the [Settings] section of the ASIS Settings.ini file so that you can use 32-bit compressors.
To work on 32-bit systems, it is also necessary to remove the lines indicated below from the [Setup] section of the Script.iss of the ASIS v7.3.3 :
Code:
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode=x64
ArchitecturesAllowed=x64
EDIT: From what you can see it should also work with DislSpan GUI 1.0.0.5, just copy the COMPRESSOR.ini file from the "DiskSpan_GUI\Resources" folder to the COMPRESSOR\Resources folder of DiskSpan GUI 1.0.0.5 and then delete the DiskSpan GUI folder and rename the "COMPRESSOR" folder (DiskSpan GUI 1.0.0.5) to "DiskSpan_GUI" and move the folder into the ASIS folder.

EDIT: I attached a new file.
Extract the COMPRESSOR (DSG) folder to the ASIS 7.3.3 folder.
- Added a combobox in the COMPRESSOR_GUI interface to select the method used to compress Setup DLL.

Last edited by Cesar82; 24-05-2022 at 14:05.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
Gehrman (04-07-2022), Grumpy (22-05-2022), XxAZAxX (21-05-2022)