Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3211  
Old 18-10-2022, 03:39
L33THAK0R's Avatar
L33THAK0R L33THAK0R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 310
Thanks: 106
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
Ghost Recon Wildlands recompression woes

Hi all has anyone else had any issues with recompressing "Ghost Recon Wildlands" .forge archives? I've tried the following:

XTool 0.6.5 (Anvil) + Srep + Lolz
Code:
74,326,347,887 bytes -> 20,662,955,336 bytes
as well as

AFR v0.0.1.9 (v0.0.2.0a7 detects and seemingly picks up streams, but spits out an error code and fails to write to disk) + srep + lolz
Code:
74,326,347,887 bytes -> 21,147,452,370 bytes
I've had decent success with previous Anvil Engine titles (save for "Assassin's Creed III" (the original, I'm currently testing remastered)), however it seems like Wildlands is giving me a whole lot of strife. Attempting to decompress the XTool-based test yields an almost immediate installer crash, as does attempting to decompress the AFR test when using the CLS plugin or AFR v0.0.1.9 (the latter at least offers a "-11" error code instead of an unceremonious CTD) , however attempting to use v0.0.2.0a7 results in a partially successful decompression, however failure occurs around the halfway point. Has anyone else experienced any similar behavior, at this point I'm a bit reluctant to attempt any further attempts due to the write endurance costs resulting from this behemoth of a title.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3212  
Old 18-10-2022, 04:39
Masquerade's Avatar
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 926
Thanks: 240
Thanked 1,036 Times in 489 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
I did Wildlands either last year or year before and had no issues with AFR.
Reply With Quote
  #3213  
Old 18-10-2022, 05:02
KaktoR's Avatar
KaktoR KaktoR is offline
Lame User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: From outer space
Posts: 3,867
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,340 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
A Plague Tale Requiem

*.dpc -> zlib
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Reply With Quote
  #3214  
Old 18-10-2022, 05:15
Masquerade's Avatar
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 926
Thanks: 240
Thanked 1,036 Times in 489 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaktoR View Post
A Plague Tale Requiem

*.dpc -> zlib
Different voice packs are all contained in VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK - use WWise PCK BMS script from here to extract and then use XTool erase command to remove unneeded voice packs.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Masquerade For This Useful Post:
KaktoR (18-10-2022), ScOOt3r (18-10-2022)
  #3215  
Old 18-10-2022, 05:44
KaktoR's Avatar
KaktoR KaktoR is offline
Lame User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: From outer space
Posts: 3,867
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,340 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
Does not work here, or lets say only partial.

Seems like xtool just erase some files, as I can see in hex editor filled sectors with zeros. But if I extract the archive once again, all files are still there.

Maybe I do it just wrong lol

Edit: Oh ok, the extracted files are zero'ed, now I got it.

Edit 2: Forget my prevous edit. Seems like this one worked correctly (before I was using wildcards for the folders/files)

Code:
xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\chinese(simplified)" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\french(france)" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\german" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\spanish(spain)" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
__________________
Haters gonna hate

Last edited by KaktoR; 18-10-2022 at 06:17.
Reply With Quote
  #3216  
Old 18-10-2022, 07:21
L33THAK0R's Avatar
L33THAK0R L33THAK0R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 310
Thanks: 106
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
I did Wildlands either last year or year before and had no issues with AFR.
I'm gonna give the EMPRESS release a shot, was originally basing my tests off the Steampunks release, fingers crossed I have better luck with it, out of curiosity, do you happen to remember which version of AFR you used?
Reply With Quote
  #3217  
Old 18-10-2022, 07:22
Masquerade's Avatar
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 926
Thanks: 240
Thanked 1,036 Times in 489 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33THAK0R View Post
do you happen to remember which version of AFR you used?
Latest Edison version. P.S. don't discuss Warez on this forum - it's against the rules!
Reply With Quote
  #3218  
Old 18-10-2022, 09:14
Edison007's Avatar
Edison007 Edison007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Solar System - Planet Earth
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 56 Times in 19 Posts
Edison007 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33THAK0R View Post
I'm gonna give the EMPRESS release a shot, was originally basing my tests off the Steampunks release, fingers crossed I have better luck with it, out of curiosity, do you happen to remember which version of AFR you used?
AFR versions above 019 are unstable. Crashed when using mt-unpacking.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edison007 For This Useful Post:
L33THAK0R (18-10-2022)
  #3219  
Old 18-10-2022, 09:59
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Programmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,680
Thanks: 2,088
Thanked 10,657 Times in 2,238 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33THAK0R View Post
I've had decent success with previous Anvil Engine titles (save for "Assassin's Creed III" (the original, I'm currently testing remastered)), however it seems like Wildlands is giving me a whole lot of strife. Attempting to decompress the XTool-based test yields an almost immediate installer crash, as does attempting to decompress the AFR test when using the CLS plugin or AFR v0.0.1.9 (the latter at least offers a "-11" error code instead of an unceremonious CTD) , however attempting to use v0.0.2.0a7 results in a partially successful decompression, however failure occurs around the halfway point. Has anyone else experienced any similar behavior, at this point I'm a bit reluctant to attempt any further attempts due to the write endurance costs resulting from this behemoth of a title.
Code:
unpackcmd = xtool.exe decode --verbose $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp $$arcdatafile$$.tmp
Try xtool in verbose mode to see what error message it produces.

I have tested this game once before and found no errors having only lzo2.dll in directory with xtool.exe

DataPC.forge
Code:
Tested 1 file, 10,925,907,848 => 8,042,348,544 bytes. Ratio 135.85%
Testing time: cpu 8.38 sec/real 238.37 sec = 4%. Speed 33.74 mB/s
Reply With Quote
  #3220  
Old 18-10-2022, 10:47
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 881
Thanks: 1,457
Thanked 1,915 Times in 646 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
Code:
unpackcmd = xtool.exe decode --verbose $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp $$arcdatafile$$.tmp
Try xtool in verbose mode to see what error message it produces.

I have tested this game once before and found no errors having only lzo2.dll in directory with xtool.exe

DataPC.forge
Code:
Tested 1 file, 10,925,907,848 => 8,042,348,544 bytes. Ratio 135.85%
Testing time: cpu 8.38 sec/real 238.37 sec = 4%. Speed 33.74 mB/s
I don't know if the extraction done by @L33THAK0R is being done on Windows 11, but I couldn't get lzo2.dll to work on windows 11, maybe I need a recompilation of the lzo2.dll library to make it compatible with Windows 11.
Also the old library zlibwapi.dll (from the old xtool) doesn't work, however the new library zlibwapi.dll shared with the new xtool works perfectly with Windows 11.
Reply With Quote
  #3221  
Old 18-10-2022, 12:55
fabrieunko fabrieunko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: france
Posts: 129
Thanks: 187
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
fabrieunko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Different voice packs are all contained in VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK - use WWise PCK BMS script from here to extract and then use XTool erase command to remove unneeded voice packs.
can you tell me if i think i'm doing it right?

I launch quickbms, I open the WWise.bms file then the VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK file



it is extracted from wma files in directories (chinese(simplified)/english(us)/french(france)/german/spanish(spain)

if i want to delete the german i type in a back window (from the post of KaktoR)

xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\german" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
Reply With Quote
  #3222  
Old 18-10-2022, 13:06
KaktoR's Avatar
KaktoR KaktoR is offline
Lame User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: From outer space
Posts: 3,867
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,340 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrieunko View Post
can you tell me if i think i'm doing it right?

I launch quickbms, I open the WWise.bms file then the VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK file



it is extracted from wma files in directories (chinese(simplified)/english(us)/french(france)/german/spanish(spain)

if i want to delete the german i type in a back window (from the post of KaktoR)

xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\german" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
Make batch files for this, so you don't have to type all manually in cmd.

unpack.bat for quickbms
Code:
for %%f in (*.pck) do quickbms_4gb_files.exe -d -o -Y wwise.bms "%%f"
pause
xtool_erase.bat for xtool
Code:
xtool erase "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK_extract\german" "VO_MEDIA.PC.PCK" test.xtl
This will delete all german voice files from the file.

PS: Make a backup of the file first
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KaktoR For This Useful Post:
fabrieunko (18-10-2022)
  #3223  
Old 18-10-2022, 20:02
L33THAK0R's Avatar
L33THAK0R L33THAK0R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 310
Thanks: 106
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
I couldn't get lzo2.dll to work on windows 11, maybe I need a recompilation of the lzo2.dll library to make it compatible with Windows 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
[CODE]
I have tested this game once before and found no errors having only lzo2.dll in directory with xtool.exe
I'm so sorry for wasting your time lads, bit of backstory, I use a separate ASIS installation to test my archives, I'd just finished wrapping up my "Assassin's Creed" "Odyssey/Origins" compressions and was using the same setup.dll which didn't contain lzo2.dll, after updating the setup.dll archive decompression was successful with my xtool-based test.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to L33THAK0R For This Useful Post:
Cesar82 (18-10-2022)
  #3224  
Old 19-10-2022, 10:47
Masquerade's Avatar
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 926
Thanks: 240
Thanked 1,036 Times in 489 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection Precompression

Using the oo2core_9_win64.dll from game folder:

Code:
Compressing animtex0.psarc, 47,187,477 bytes

xtool v0.6.5 (-mkraken)

Compressed 1 file, 47,187,477 => 180,655,223 bytes. Ratio 382.85%
Compression time: cpu 0.05 sec/real 6.76 sec = 1%. Speed 6.98 mB/s
All OK

xtool v0.6.5 (-mkraken:n256)

Compressed 1 file, 47,187,477 => 183,093,362 bytes. Ratio 388.01%
Compression time: cpu 0.06 sec/real 11.78 sec = 1%. Speed 4.01 mB/s
All OK

oo2reck (rename oo2core_9_win64.dll to oo2core_7_win64.dll)

Compressed 1 file, 47,187,477 => 183,176,064 bytes. Ratio 388.19%
Compression time: cpu 0.08 sec/real 15.15 sec = 1%. Speed 3.11 mB/s
All OK

Last edited by Masquerade; 19-10-2022 at 11:09.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Masquerade For This Useful Post:
L0v3craft (19-10-2022), Prettyboy099 (20-10-2022), ScOOt3r (19-10-2022)
  #3225  
Old 19-10-2022, 16:21
dixen dixen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Russia
Posts: 341
Thanks: 397
Thanked 387 Times in 180 Posts
dixen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection Precompression
Using the oo2core_9_win64.dll from game folder:
And zlib also

XTool v0.53 (zlib+kraken)

Quote:
Compressing 4 files, 58,792,062 bytes. Processed 0%
Compressing 58,792,062 bytes with xtool.exe precomp -mzlib+reflate+kraken -c128mb -t100p $$arcdatafile$$.tmp $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp
XTool is created by Razor12911

Streams: 6445/6445
Time: 00:00:50 (00:00:49)
Memory: 331 MB (331 MB)

100%
Errorlevel=0
Compressed 4 files, 58,792,062 => 211,162,930 bytes. Ratio 359.17%
Compression time: cpu 0.02 sec/real 50.73 sec = 0%. Speed 1.16 mB/s
All OK
XTool v0.53 (only kraken)

Quote:
Compressing 4 files, 58,792,062 bytes. Processed 0%
Compressing 58,792,062 bytes with xtool.exe precomp -mkraken -c128mb -t100p $$arcdatafile$$.tmp $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp
XTool is created by Razor12911

Streams: 6370/6370
Time: 00:00:45 (00:00:44)
Memory: 298 MB (298 MB)

100%
Errorlevel=0
Compressed 4 files, 58,792,062 => 197,760,883 bytes. Ratio 336.37%
Compression time: cpu 0.00 sec/real 46.67 sec = 0%. Speed 1.26 mB/s
All OK

Last edited by dixen; 19-10-2022 at 16:27.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixen For This Useful Post:
KaktoR (20-10-2022), Prettyboy099 (20-10-2022), ScOOt3r (19-10-2022)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Games Are For Kids JoyBoy Chit Chat 83 16-11-2021 15:28
CorePack Compression methods ? Help ramazan19833 Conversion Tutorials 34 09-08-2018 07:51
i got the email in the mail about copying ps2 games EVOEvo PS2 Games 7 21-11-2003 08:56
Self-booting games on an older Japanese DC? Named DC Games 1 26-09-2003 18:48
Having Problems Burning Numerous *Recent* Games....Help is Appreciated Protosstic PSX Games 2 15-01-2002 22:27



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com