Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities

Old 25-04-2001, 11:50

Crazy Pete
Very strange issue with NASCAR 4 and SecuROM.

Alright, this has really been bothering me for a while now. I recently bought Colin McRae Rally 2.0, which I know has the new version of SecuROM protection on it. Well I burned that with my Yamaha 2100E drive and played it in my Creative 12X DVD drive and it worked just fine, played well and the whole deal. Now I just got NASCAR 4, which also has the same protection as far as I'm able to tell (from what Clony tells me). Well, I burned that with my Yamaha as well, using the same exact settings as for Colin McRae, only this time when I go to play it in my DVD, it won't start. It installs just fine, and it looks like it's going to play, (ie. gives me the little hand/hourglass while the drive is being read), but then the hourglass/hand go away and the drive stops being accessed...and nothing shows up on the screen. It's like I never tried to play it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times now and it doesn't want to work for me. I don't understand it. If I was able to copy and play Colin McRae 2.0 just fine then why not NASCAR 4 which has the same protection? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored Links