Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:26

samson_cheung
StarForce 3.xx Investiagtion

I have encounter Starforce protection about 6-7 months ago.
When they first put on this protection, we were totally fried, until Alcohol 120% come by and save the date. Alcohol is using a reading method call DPM and creat RMPS (recordable Media Physical Signature) inside the CD-R to by-pass SF1.x/2.x

SF is a protection that can identify the real original CD from CD-Rs and when you install the game, the serial number is already hard code inside the games, so it really doesn't matter what serial number that you put in, SF will require the original CD, I try to use a different original CD from my friend and it work also, the program can change the serial numbers automatically.
(There is a way to pass all their protection, is to keep running the game over and over again, until the memory buffer is overloaded, then the game will pop out, but you have to try many many times)

Then SF release the version call 2.xx and it works against the RMPS, so the program will knew this is a copied CD-R, Alochol 120% response with a new weapon called "Virtual CD/DVD ROM"
After the image is mounted inside the virtual drive, the program will think you have the original because RMPS is only emulating, not physically on the CD-R and it works !

Later, SF release a new version call 3.00 and it works against the RMPS and virtual ROM together ! If you have any physical IDE-CD/DVD ROM, SF MUST force you put inside an original CDs, by doing that, the program actually overwrite some of the window driver, the only way to by-pass it ==> disable any IDE channels to the CD/DVD rom, so the window drivers cannot be overwrite during the window start up ! (Because window didn't need to load the drivers since you don't have any CD/DVD rom)

Now, 2 months ago, StarForce released a new version call 3.xx and this time SF is able to detect all virtual CD/DVD roms, if you have any virtual ROM, they will restrict you to play this game at all ! Until now, there is no way to fright against this version, Alcohol has NOT provided any new release against SF since SF3.0
Very very few peoples (less than 10 in Asia) able to extract an image from a specific game by Alcohol and mount it on the Virtual CD to play successfully, I THINK that might do with their hardwares. One of the cracker in CHINA able to modify a MDS game image file from Alcohol (MDS,MDF) and able to burn a CD-R and play, but it only work in his liteon 24102b CD writer.

OK ! You are not worry because we can crack the game ! Right ?
Well...Crackers(Asia) seems able to crack most of the SF1.x/2.x games in Asia and they can crack only half of the SF3.00 games (Some of them are still uncrack at this very moment) But for the new version fo SF 3.xx.....until now, not 1 single game can be cracked and we have been waited for 2 months already (in Asia)

The major problem is 90% of chinese games are using StarForce now, we have games coming out each week with StarForce 3.xx and nobody can do anything about it. CHINA companies just signed many contracts with StarForce, so I think this protection is going to control the whole game market soon. In North America, there are 2 games released with Star Force 3.00, both of them are cracked, I think the new 3.xx version will hit North America soon......WAIT UNTIL STARFORCE MEET SONY !!!!

Our PC Game situation in Asia is like HELL already, can I ask some help from North America and beat this Russia guy ???

IF ANYONE WANT TO HELP ME TO CRACK THE SF3.XX GAMES, PLEASE SEND ME AN-EMAIL, I WILL PROVIDE THE ORIGINAL CD/DVD FOR YOU, I PERSONALLY WILL PAY FOR EACH CRACK FOR SUPPORTING YOUR EFFORT

cheungsamson**********com
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2003, 14:25
Banned

krondike is on a distinguished road
Seams like me that you are an warez provider...
A very nice and attouced lether.. I feel sorry... but there are things that are gonna be cleared out!

First, Starforce 3x topic have already been created...please search for it.

There are some great things with StarForce, it's keep the warez out of the net. And it's great.

One bad thing is that if many companies sign to StarForce techonology´, maybe some great game will appear in that techonology...and that realy can motivate people to crack the game. If there are some losly Packman version :P I don't think cracking people care, but if it's any greats title the cracking people working there as of to get it cracked.

So it's seams that there is a mether of time before someone can crack the starforce 3x.

I haven't heard any ruimors of cracking SafeDisc 3.x that's are appearing...but not in GameShape.
What I have heard the SafeDisc 3.x are in DVD appearence... And it took a while to crack SafeDisc 2 from SafeDisc 1 so be pasent...
Old 10-08-2003, 14:34

samson_cheung
OK...I see...message received, sorry to bother...
Old 10-08-2003, 14:41

samson_cheung
Uh.....sorry....for those who send e-mail to me.... may take me a while to return your mail, there are many ppls...

Plus I am looking for the pro not the amt ppl...ok !
Closed Thread