Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 07-01-2021, 05:07

ZeldaTheSwordsman is on a distinguished road
Angry Knights of the Old Republic Best of PC No CD issues

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a good game. That is why it was bundled in the "Star Wars: The Best of PC" collection.

Unfortunately, that particular release of the game seems to have been neglected by those who hack and patch games. Why, I don't know. But it has been neglected all the same, which is a problem for me.

Because that's the version I own. And my disk is too damaged to play it. This is the exact kind of situation in which a "No CD" patch is permitted, is it not? But unfortunately, there is no such crack for this version of KOTOR (at least, not that I've been able to find). The cracks for the standalone versions of KOTOR have no effect, probably because the install is expecting the Empire at War/KOTOR composite disk from the Best of PC collection. Unless there's a way to make them work?

Somebody please address this.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:23
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman View Post
Because that's the version I own.
So what version is it exactly? There are no-CD patches for several versions of this game at https://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_s...republic.shtml .
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 07-01-2021, 23:24

acal3000 is on a distinguished road
Those ones also GOG have them too without any cd checks crapola..