Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 21-05-2003, 15:51

quachwill
Help with Final Fantasy VII Install Disc

I borrowed Final Fantasy VII PC from my friend and I tried copying it. When I install the game with the original installation disc, my backup discs work to play it and the cd-check doesn't interfere. However, when I tried installing it with the backup install disc, the cd-check appeared when trying to play. Does anyone know how I can properly make a backup of the install disc? Or does anyone know a patch to alter the executable file so I can burn that to a disc? And.....if it is even possible, since I use Windows XP, I installed the XP 1.4 Patch and I guess that also causes the .exe file to have the cd-check again so is there a patch for that??? Neone please help with any/all of these questions!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2003, 17:08

quachwill
I figured it out and people who need help on FF7 Install may wish to refer to this!!!

For those who need help on Final Fantasy VII and its cd check try referring to here since I figured out how to copy and use the install disc:

1. Make a new folder and name it whatever you like.
2. Copy all of the files of the Install disc to that folder.
3. Make another copy of the FF7 .exe file and patch it using the CAT-FF7 patch (found on www.megagames.com under game fixes).
4. Take the patched .exe file and replace it with the one in your new folder.
5. Burn it onto a CD following the instructions of the first paragraph under the title "Burning Solution" on this website:
http://******************.com/cdgamecopyprotections.htm
6. After the burning is done, install the game using the disc but keep it in your CD-Writer drive instead of say, putting it in your DVD drive
7. You can choose to install it as standard or maximum if you like, it doesn't matter. (The setup screens that you go through may take a while to load but just wait or try clicking once should you have a black screen and the mouse isn't as an hourglass yet)
8. After the installation is done, remove the burnt install disc and put in the first game play disc into your CD-Writer drive once again (oh yea, i forgot to mention that to backup the game discs copy it regularly since it doesn't have any protections or anything)
9. Open your Final Fantasy VII Program Files folder that the game installed to and just click on the FF7 .exe file!
10. I also run XP so I was able to install the XP Patch 1.4 and still play the game as usual w/e cd-check interfering!
11. I may be wrong about this stuff on other computers, I don't know. All I know is that it worked for me after a week and countless tries with my CD-RW disc Plus, I haven't even played through the first entire disc to know if there are any errors so just hope AND... since I'm so tired of trying anything else with copying this game, I don't even know if the CAT-FF7 patch is necessary....but I think it prolly is.

Please tell me if anyone has any success with what I described above since this is my first time copying