Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 30-05-2005, 04:44

oZER0o is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to oZER0o
DMS4 EZI PRO/ LITE - any Good ?

I saw them on MR. Modchips.com, they cost 40. is it worth it? i tried soldering a modchip in myself and it turned out a nightmare, but I'm sure my PS2 will still work is i carefully take all the wires off.

So has anyone heard of these chips, and are they any good ? soldering for me is a nighmare, I'm not patient enough. I admit defeat !! hehe, i went in thinking it would be a breeze, as I'm an electronic engineering student and we solder quite often, but it really isnt easy, is it...... heh
Old 30-05-2005, 05:57
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
No - Ezi chips are VERY dodgy. They aren't at all easy to fit due to the rediculous tolerances on the chip clips (a fraction out, and you'll snap the legs off the mobo chips rendering your PS2 permanently useless).

Nothing better than a good, soldered mod. Go for the Infinity Chip and get somebody to solder it if you don't feel comfortable doing so...

I know people who could help you out, so if you are interested, drop us a Private Message...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 30-05-2005, 06:19

Warlock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcfan
No - Ezi chips are VERY dodgy. They aren't at all easy to fit due to the rediculous tolerances on the chip clips (a fraction out, and you'll snap the legs off the mobo chips rendering your PS2 permanently useless).

Nothing better than a good, soldered mod. Go for the Infinity Chip and get somebody to solder it if you don't feel comfortable doing so...

I know people who could help you out, so if you are interested, drop us a Private Message...
Yep, i agree
Old 30-05-2005, 06:45

mrbluesman is on a distinguished road
I've never installed anything other than an Infinity, and with the chip being so damn good at what it does, the email support from the Matrix Team being so good, the chip being so resonably priced at thirty quid, I often wonder why people buy anything other than an Infinity. I have to admit that the first one I did was a bit scary though.........lol
Old 31-05-2005, 10:40

Hmm...

what If I be REALLY careful ? i really dont want to have to pay someone to do something i could do myself....

If I could get someone to mod my PS2 for 40 or under, theyve got a deal. I WILL supply the chip, I already have a Matrix Infinity Homebrew.
Old 31-05-2005, 11:00
Die Hard Member

Check your PM oZer0o
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 01-06-2005, 03:28

ok cool.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:08

I dunno, If I was to post it away to someone, it would cost over 20 just for the postage. I think I'm steering towards getting all the tools and doing it properly myself/ finding someone locally or buying one of these EZI things and just make sure I'm super careful.

I even have a spare broken V4 PS2 that has a broken Case, a DRE'd laser, and a broken controller port Ribbon that I can test the EZI clips on.

Last edited by oZER0o; 02-06-2005 at 10:23.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:16
Die Hard Member

Well, it's your choice, but I know 20 postage is better than a 130 replacement console. And, to go from a v7 to a v12 would not be a prospect I would relish...

Old 02-06-2005, 17:21

Warlock is on a distinguished road
By the time you buy that EZI crap and all the tools to do the install CORRECTLY you will probably be spent enough to pay for the postage plus install.

Look, my advice is like everyone elses here. You can take it or leave it. Just remember that most people that try to take the cheap way out usually end up with a destroyed console. Anyway, good luck with it.
Old 02-06-2005, 18:14
Die Hard Member

spedmetal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to spedmetal Send a message via AIM to spedmetal Send a message via Yahoo to spedmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by oZER0o
I even have a spare broken V4 PS2 that has a broken Case, a DRE'd laser, and a broken controller port Ribbon that I can test the EZI clips on.
What good will that do you when the EZI isnt compatible with the V4? And even then its a non-working ps2 sooooo what good would this be even if it was compatible? Also that V4 can be fixed to work again pretty easily
[color=blue][size=2][b]Click[url=http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25770] here [/url]to view refes. Click[url=http://www.norcalmods.com/gallery] here [/url]to view install gallery[/b][/size][/color]
[size=2][b][color=red]Mod chip installs and repair [/color][/b][/size] [url]www.norcalmods.com[/url]
Old 03-06-2005, 04:27
Die Hard Member

@ Zero

Besides, you told me that when you tried to install the MI Homebrew, the BIOS chip was pretty chewed up. If this is the case, those clips won't even go on to the chip. I'd forget the EZI if I were you...

Old 03-06-2005, 12:29

yes, youre all right, ive been looking around the net and everyones complaining about these EZI chips. i respect your opinions, and im thankful for it, I've just got a hehe, a few cashflow problems

ok, forget EZI. and yes, I know i could get that V4 working, and could even sell it and make a few bob back after paying for my chip install.

It's just dawned on me that Computer Fairs always have modchippers, in fact, up here in newcastle, theyre crawling with them, and im going to a big one at gateshead stadium on Sunday. I'm going to take my PS2 in, and We'll see what happens there.

I have now realised that soldered chips are pretty much the mac daddy. i just dont want to pay 20 quid to post my PS2. anyway, thanks for steering me in the right direction. if this Nitex fair results unfruitful, mod-chip.com has given me a few places i can look for Newcastle Modders.
Old 05-06-2005, 16:25

ok, ive done it myself ! lol im on the last wire. everything is perfect so far, ive checked everything with my multimeter. it seems that pins 15 and 16 of the BIOS chip have been bridged somehow, i think theres a bit of solder lodged dow inbetween the IC pins.

I'm very proud of myself actually, its a fairly neat job! this last wire is going to be a b**ch though. its V on the matrix infinity, and ive already done R. I'm going to have to un-bridge V and the pin next to it (not R, the pin on the other side) before i put the wire on. UGH. im too tired now, i'll do it tomorrow after college.
Old 06-06-2005, 17:46

Sun Ce
Smile

I have an DMS ezi pro and i did the install on a v7, first time installer and it went in first time.
I was nervous as hell at first, but no probs what so ever and yes you do have to real careful on the install.