Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 07-04-2005, 07:32

Sandmonkee is on a distinguished road
PS2 Slim Magic Switch ~ mod

Hi

I just got my brand spanking new PS2 Slimline for my birthday, and after already scratching my first game (grrr) I'm looking into mod chips so I can make back-ups. I did a bunch of looking, and eventually came across something called the "Magic Switch" which is basically a few little pieces of plastic which will make the PS2 think the lid is closed even when its not, thus allowing me to use Swap-Magic. I was just wondering if anyone has installed this mod (ie the little pastic bits) and has had some success. In short, I'd like to know its worked for some other people before I go ahead and buy it myself.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about (scroll down the page for a big picture)
http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/p...cat=191&page=2
and here's details on how its installed...
http://www.console.com/product_ps2_pstwofix.php

What do you think? Sound plausible? Has anyone actually used this and got it to work?

Thanks!
Mike
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2005, 07:54
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Nah mate, they're crap - whatever you do, don't get anything which involves discs like Swap Magic. Get a Matrix Infinity or a Crystal Chip if you want something to play backups with on a v12 (slimline PSTwo)...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 07-04-2005, 08:04

Sandmonkee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcfan
Nah mate, they're crap - whatever you do, don't get anything which involves discs like Swap Magic. Get a Matrix Infinity or a Crystal Chip if you want something to play backups with on a v12 (slimline PSTwo)...
Really? Have you tried them? Do you know someone who has?

Why is Swap Magic crap?
Old 07-04-2005, 09:15
Die Hard Member

Many people on this forum have tried them - and they're a waste of your hard earned cash.

They are tempramental with many games, and the swapping will get on your nerves after a short while.

Besides, once you've payed for your clips, lids and discs and christ knows what else, you'll have paid for a top line modchip such as the Infinity or Crystal chip - which open up many new features on your PlayStation2 - including the install.

That's why you should stay away from Swap Magic...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 07-04-2005, 09:48

bobfffg
hi lufcfan,

i've not tried the SwapMagic 'solution' on the never versions, although I assume they'll be just as unreliable for the new version...i've no intention of getting it anyway, it'll be the CC for me!

I've got a slimline v12 ready here for an 'upgrade' i'm in the UK and need some assistance with that.... [heads up 'chippers']

Anyone seen/heard from Dust2Dust lately?!?! I'm having big troubles in trying to get hold of him!

PAL v12 Slimline w/Matrix Infinity v1.45 by GWD
PAL v9 SPCH-50003 SS + Messiah2 v1.33b
PAL v5 + AR2 & No-Solder Mod
Pioneer DVR-A05 (fw v1.30 RC-1 2x4all + 12xRip)
Sony DVD+-RW DL DW-D56A (fw PDS3)
Yamaha CRW-F1e (fw v1.0g)
Plextor PX-W401240A (fw v1.03)
Nero v6.6.0.6
CloneCD v4.2.0.2
DVDDecryptor v3.5.4.0

Movie of the moment: Revenge Of The Sith!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:04
Die Hard Member

not heard of Dust for a while... Don't know where he's gone to