Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 08-06-2005, 02:33
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneyb2003
yep like some sites dont mention that!!! remeber those dodgy duo 2 se?
Certainly do - from chipspain.com
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2005, 23:50

jasonic is on a distinguished road
Hi, just received this email this morning, this is getting silly.

'Please disregard any information on our web site, my partner has seized control in what can only be described as a last attempt to steal yet more money from other poor innocent victims. We have been informed that there is now a warrant out for his arrest and feel this also explains his sudden disappearance from his home address abandoning his wife and children.

Once again I will repeat the GameWorldDirect experience is over. The company had been forced into liquidation and no orders or liabilities can be covered.

URGENT :
All people who have ordered in the past 30 days please activate either a chargeback or PAYPAL dispute to recover your funds for lost goods or monies.'

For now i am not placing any orders, but would like to know what on earth is going on.
Old 09-06-2005, 00:09
Die Hard Member

H|LLJD00 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to H|LLJD00
Lol confusing

[u]My PC[/u]
[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR] AMD Athlon 64 3400 [COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR] DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb [COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR] 1Gb(512mb x2) Kingston PC-3200 400Mhz [COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR] Pioneer 108 and LG 16x52 DVD-rom Drive [COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR] Chieftec Dragon Black With Liquid Cooled [COLOR=Red]*[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 09-06-2005, 00:13
Die Hard Member

it's a little worrying that the hackers still have control over their e-mail
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 09-06-2005, 01:45

bobfffg
...very worrying indeed. I had the same e-mail waiting for me this morning....

PAL v12 Slimline w/Matrix Infinity v1.45 by GWD
PAL v9 SPCH-50003 SS + Messiah2 v1.33b
PAL v5 + AR2 & No-Solder Mod
Pioneer DVR-A05 (fw v1.30 RC-1 2x4all + 12xRip)
Sony DVD+-RW DL DW-D56A (fw PDS3)
Yamaha CRW-F1e (fw v1.0g)
Plextor PX-W401240A (fw v1.03)
Nero v6.6.0.6
CloneCD v4.2.0.2
DVDDecryptor v3.5.4.0

Movie of the moment: Revenge Of The Sith!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:47
Die Hard Member

... as did I.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:27

ben@gameworlddirect.c is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys, me again!!

I did not think I would have to make another post, but here goes!!!

The person, who hacked us if correct, still has all your email addresses.

He will use this to spam you all, i can only say sorry for this.

Any email that says we are going away, or is negative to us, is not from us 100%, you have a delete key, please use it!!

Read the posts in this topic, its very strange how a certain persons name is mentioned, one post mentions, I better change m passwords because someone has logged in using my account!!

All the work of the [email protected] who did this, not us!!

Read our feedback, read what customers say about us, itís really obvious that the person responsible does not want us trading because we do a better job than they do......

But I cannot stop the emails, anybody who held an account with us before the 1st of June will get spam, I wish I could stop it, but I canít.

Anybody who knows me and trusts in what I do, please put the record correct in as many places you can, these recent attacks are giving GWD a bad name, when its not justified, even in this post, even when I was having all this trouble, I still had a very happy customer!!!

Use your common people, you know whatís right and wrong, I conduct my business in a professional way, and pride myself on customer service!!

And for the hacker!!

WE ARE NOT CLOSING DOWN, EVEN THOUGH YOU WOULD LIKE US TOO
LITTLE BIT JEALOUS ARE WE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:41

I really don't know what to think. its very much 50/50 at the moment, 50% of my emails say all is legit and some plonker is out to cause trouble, and 50% of my emails state that then company is a hoax, in hoax hands ready to conn us out of our money.

To be honest, i need a lil more convincing but i do not want to take the gamble.

I crossing my fingers that the hoax is in the plonker out to cause trouble and that GWD will be as it states, a once again proud name.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:05

Another bit of info, read the update on teamxodus, thanks guys,

http://www.teamxodus.com/modules.php...&p=50515#50515
Old 09-06-2005, 08:11

Ask yourself this, if i'm genuine, but closing my site, why would i post in here?

I am genuine, but not closing the site, thats why i am posting in here!!

Do your research, it all makes sense, why would i be fighting to tell you its business as usual, if i was closing?, i would not fight!!! just tel it happen, the negative emails you are reading are the work of a jealous hacker, he does not want me online, i want to stay online.....

GOD, Why did he pick me to hack, i can without all this stress he is causing....well done hacker, you win, i fed up now!!!! I will just go away like you want me too, good idea, bye bye........
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13
Die Hard Member

To be honest, I must say that when I got the email this morning, i believed it to be the hackers at play again - and it seems I was right.

I wholy trust Ben and GWD as what he offers is simply a fantastic service - and the products I have received have all been simply faultless and second to none. Fact.

I will continue to purchase from GWD - and I'm fully behind bringing this ar*ewipe down who has tried this stunt.

Last edited by lufcfan; 10-06-2005 at 09:06.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:10

[[email protected]worlddirect.c]Ask yourself this, if i'm genuine, but closing my site, why would i post in here?QUOTE]

I'm not trying to say your not genuine, but i hope you can appreciate my cautious point of view.

My apologies if i offend you, just wanna feel secure as a customer.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:50

ghost2fitter is on a distinguished road
Hi all, just came across this post and felt i couldn't read it without making a reply.
I run a site offing similar services to Ben at gameworld and have recieved nothing but support from them right from the outset. I bulk buy from them and have always recieved top products and support and wouldn't now go anywhere else. I have placed some large orders whilst all this has been going on with the hackers and have recieved the same top notch service as ever and can't recommend GWD more highly. Ben don't let the hacker get you down mate!
Old 09-06-2005, 14:09
Die Hard Member

well said m8

Old 09-06-2005, 15:06
Die Hard Member

Another message from the hackers about how GWD is shutting, and how customers will be without suppliers. He says, please use one of the following suppliers 'who were my mates'. He then gives a list of at least 100 suppliers long.

I have simply set up a rule in Outlook to permenantly delete any e-mails from the address '[email protected]' so I don't even get to look at them. This hacker is doing my f***ing head in sending me his sh*t.

If anyone else is fed up of reading these lies, and you want help in setting up these rules on your own inbox, just contact me on my MSN Hotmail address.

Good luck on defeating this one Ben - I'm behind you buddy