Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 13:26
Die Hard Member

frequency
Send a message via Yahoo to frequency
its now been three weeks and i still havent received my ps2 hd loader. i ordered mine from divineo thinking i would have in matter of days, but its a no go. i have already emailed them twice and they give the same response, which they are moving to a new office and stuff and they dont have enough time to send all their pre-orders at the moment. if i dont get a response soon i think im gonna cancel it and order it from console source instead.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2004, 13:32

Joe Momma
Unhappy

Ive heard that theres been legal actions set by sony against HDLoader retailers...dunno if its true or not..
Old 01-07-2004, 13:33

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TylerDurden
Yeah I got mine from www.consolesource.com in a matter of 4 days. Thats hella suprising to me.

Tyler!
Old 01-07-2004, 13:35
Die Hard Member

frequency
this is true, but i have sent my money order in about 3 weeks ago and i still havent received my hd loader. im just getting impatient here.
Old 01-07-2004, 14:10

Joe Momma
Exclamation $ony targeting sites selling HD Loader!

Got this from ps2ownz.com

****Update: We received a bit more info on this from a victim who does not want to be identified as it could adversely affect his case, but he informed us that these are actual complaints the attorneys for $ony filed in California Federal Court! This goes way beyond what has happened in the past as they are no longer happy with offenders simply shutting down and signing something (C&D) saying you'll never do it again. It appears $ony is now going for damages and more in some cases!

I just received word via phone today that $ony is now sending C&D letters complete with their legal team contacts to US-based Web sites selling HD Loader! As a result, some sites have already pulled the product while one site we are aware of is attempting to fight it. At this point in time there is no comment from the official HD Loader site (perhaps because they don't actually sell it), but I have a feeling HD Loader may indeed become more "homebrew" and less commercial in the upcoming months unless this legal matter gets resolved and $ony loses (doubtful).

As this news is NEW to us even, we don't have a copy of an actual Cease & Desist letter, however, hopefully in the near future one of the targeted sites will post theirs for others to view displaying the exact details. At this point in time, we can only assume the infringement lies in either the fact that HD Loader allows individuals to rent games and copy them to their HDD on an unmodified PS2 console, or perhaps because some copyright $ony code was used in its creation.
Old 01-07-2004, 14:26
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
$ony are a set of t****!
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 01-07-2004, 14:33
Die Hard Member

frequency
damn...i just wanted my damn hd loader ...but now it looks like im just gonna get "sorry" reply from them and a refund i hope.
Old 01-07-2004, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Momma
At this point in time, we can only assume the infringement lies in either the fact that HD Loader allows individuals to rent games and copy them to their HDD on an unmodified PS2 console, or perhaps because some copyright $ony code was used in its creation.

Even if this is true, and I have a hard time believing anything commin from Ownz. VCR's allow the same thing. Its not the device that commits the crime its the users.

Tyler!
Old 01-07-2004, 22:22
Banned

EVOEvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Even if this is true, and I have a hard time believing anything commin from Ownz. VCR's allow the same thing. Its not the device that commits the crime its the users.

Tyler!

or even Tvio i belive dose it with moives
Old 04-07-2004, 00:23
Banned

EVOEvo
i finaly got the loader to work with my dms3 chip its a lil tricky to get it working on it i had to formatt the hdd with dms3 formatt tool with auto patch on then use hdd loader with auto patch off then it finaly worked im installing onimsha 3 on it right now as thats the game i been playing lately next i will check out the MC version and just see if it works then i dont have to use the bought disk to play with and wont need any disk at all to play my games that will be sweet.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:25
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Quote:
or even Tvio i belive dose it with moives
Yeah, TiVO rips movies to HDD...

Then again, so does PSX
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 04-07-2004, 10:13

Warlock is on a distinguished road
Hope it isnt true, Ownz is known for being full of it but just in case i ordered one from consolesource.com.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOEvo
next i will check out the MC version and just see if it works then i dont have to use the bought disk to play with and wont need any disk at all to play my games that will be sweet.

This sounds like your talking about a pirated HDLoader there Evo. Gonna temp ban you for 5 days. Next time you do it, the ban will be permanent.

Tyler!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:37
Die Hard Member

frequency
well as for me after some replies and waiting for about 3 weeks, divineo finally decided to send my hd loader. it should probably be here within a week or so i think. i guess i dont have to order mine from console source anymore. now i just sit here and wait for my priceless asset to arrive....haha
Old 04-07-2004, 23:22

Oh and btw Evo, posting as another name will certainly not help you. If you do it again, Ill have your IP banned and we will never see you again. Just wait out your 5 day ban like a good little boy.

Tyler!