Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 24-05-2004, 16:34

MoBiUs
Whats speed HDD

should i put in a 40gb 72000 2mb western digitally HDD or a western digitally 40gb 5400 HDD.

i heard that i should put in a 5400 as the offically ps2 hdd is 5200
Sponsored Links
Old 24-05-2004, 17:54

Frito
5200 You sure? I never heard that. I guess I could just look at it. I'm gonna just sit and go through a bunch of hard drives I guess to see what works and what doesn't. Being the IT manager, I have a few at my disposal.

Gotta finish my case mod though
Old 25-05-2004, 00:51
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
I have a 40GB IBM 7200RPM sitting in my PS2 at the moment. Now I just have to order the HDDLoader.
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 25-05-2004, 00:54
Die Hard Member

seaneyb2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
how did u do that ps2s dont have ide connections
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]UK'S No.1 I.C.E [URL=www.audiorebel.co.uk]www.audiorebel.co.uk[/URL][/B][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black][B][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][/COLOR]
Old 25-05-2004, 00:57
Die Hard Member

The Network Adaptor does. Just slide the IDE drive onto the adaptor and the adaptor into the expansion slot of the PS2.
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 25-05-2004, 00:59
Die Hard Member

seaneyb2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh ok doesnt it look fat?
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]UK'S No.1 I.C.E [URL=www.audiorebel.co.uk]www.audiorebel.co.uk[/URL][/B][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black][B][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][/COLOR]
Old 25-05-2004, 01:01
Die Hard Member

LOL! No not at all, it just's a little box which is about 2-3CM thick on the back like this:

Old 25-05-2004, 10:54
Banned

EVOEvo
Quote:
Originally posted by Frito
5200 You sure? I never heard that. I guess I could just look at it. I'm gonna just sit and go through a bunch of hard drives I guess to see what works and what doesn't. Being the IT manager, I have a few at my disposal.

Gotta finish my case mod though

so with a hdd loader u could use the pressed hdd loader to load onto the hdd and then install games on the hdd that would be cool so u could play backups w/o a mod chip if the hdd is a self boot disk cause i kinda dout that the ps2 checks for protactions on the installed games
Old 25-05-2004, 10:56
Die Hard Member

I suppose it's possible. As far as I know, it is self-boot using the same methods as the AR discs.