Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PSX Games

Old 11-03-2001, 13:18

MachT
Modded SCPH-15000... and patched Pal PS2 Games

Hi all.
I have a SCPH-15000 PS2 that is modded. I have heard people have had success getting Pal PS2 Games to work on their Jap systems.

Just for the record so we all know which Mod my PS2 uses, to boot up patched NTSC UC / J PS2 Games I have, I do the following :-

Power on
Place Utility Disc v1.01 in drive
Press reset twice
Let the utility disc boot up
Press X when the first screen comes up (with cube)

Then on the next screen where you can see your memory cards, and your cd icons, using the controller, move the selector over to the blue disc (signifying util disc)
Press O

The drive pops out for roughly 2 seconds, in which time I have to remove the util disc, and replace it with the patched game.

The drive then closes and the patched game boots properly.

Anyhow... I have SSX PAL version which I have borrowed from a friend. Using CDR-Win, I have created an image using the following settings :-

RAW Reading
Error Recovery set to Replace

Then I have applied the SSX Euro/Pal/Swap Trick Patch to the bin using PPF-O-Matic.

So far so good.

Then I have burned the newly patched bin file back to CDR using CDR-Win.

The burn is successful...
However... using the above method, I have had no luck? Just a blank screen after I do the 3 second swap.

Instead of using PPF-O-Matic, I have also tried using Fargo patcher and patched the bin to be 'swap friendly' with my particular Utils Disc (PBPX_952.02) but to no avail... same old black screen signifying "your copy sux, try again or give up!"

Am I doing anything wrong here? Or is it just plain fact that modded SCPH-15000's can't play anything other than :-

Patched NTSC UC PS2 Games
Patched / Unpatched NTSC J PS2 Games
Patched (to NTSC J) NTSC UC PS1 Games

???

Has ANYONE managed to patch a PAL PS2 game successfully to work on a modded SCPH-15000 PS2?
If so, could you please please please explain each and every detail of the steps you took to make it work? (Creating the image, settings, patch engine, etc...)

(I know it's alot to ask.. but please?)

Regards,
Reuben
Sponsored Links
Old 15-03-2001, 14:24

afc_man
i have a modded jap 10000 model and have used this to back-up my pal games for my pal version model 30003(i think) to work on it,have used fargo and the universal patcher to do it and they work fine even with my shitty knowledge of dos(thankyou windows) even ssx works fine no hesitating like my mates modded pal ps2 does(i'm waiting for neo3 with dvd for mine) used cdrwin and then gone into dos with fargo but the universal is windows driven patched burn't and played turn on with utill disc then disc swapped with the back-up then hey presto...!!!
Old 15-03-2001, 14:25

afc_man
i have a modded jap 10000 model and have used this to back-up my pal games for my pal version model 30003(i think) to work on it,have used fargo and the universal patcher to do it and they work fine even with my shitty knowledge of dos(thankyou windows) even ssx works fine no hesitating like my mates modded pal ps2 does(i'm waiting for neo3 with dvd for mine) used cdrwin and then gone into dos with fargo but the universal is windows driven patched burn't and played turn on with utill disc then disc swapped with the back-up then hey presto...!!!