Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #811  
Old 21-05-2021, 19:07
pratikpatel8982 pratikpatel8982 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: India
Posts: 116
Thanks: 100
Thanked 39 Times in 26 Posts
pratikpatel8982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxson View Post
@pratikpatel,

you haven't noticed anything else than the error message ? Look better.
I see, my username changed to PRATIK~1. I don't know why it happened? Can you help me???
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #812  
Old 22-05-2021, 16:16
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 728
Thanks: 1,042
Thanked 1,360 Times in 475 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Post

From what I could see in some recent posts the credits for DiskSpan_GUI and CLS-DiskSpan.dll is a little confusing for some users.

So I decided to explain the difference between DiskSpan_GUI and CLS-DiskSpan.dll.

CLS-DiskSpan.dll is a CLS created by Razor12911 to work together with FreeARC (Arc.exe/UnArc.dll) for splitting the compressed file into smaller parts, causing a large compression to be divided into parts of the specified size making so it is possible to extract the files without having to merge the parts before extraction.

DiskSpan_GUI is a tool created by me to work with external compressors, facilitating the selection of methods and configuration used in the compression. DiskSpan_GUI includes several compressors/decompressors including support for DiskSpan (using CLS-DiskSpan.dll). It also allows changes to the configuration file allowing new compressors to be added or compressors already configured to be removed.

So DiskSpan refers to the spanning of disk, and for that purpose CLS-DiskSpan.dll is used, but to make it easier to use, a configurable graphical interface was created DiskSpan_GUI for this purpose.
For those who are unsure about what to place regarding credits using C.I.U./DiskSpan_GUI I decided to post an example of credits for conversions using current CIU below.
The credits could be informed in this way:
Code:
-Credits:
InstallerScript: 3.0.0.1.b8.u3 [2021.05.18]
C.I.U. by: Yener90
Contributors: BAMsE; Razor12911; Simorq; KaktoR; Cesar82
CLS-DiskSpan.dll R3 by: Razor12911, modified version by Cesar82
DiskSpan GUI v1.0.0.5 by: Cesar82
Thank you all for your collaborations.

Last edited by Cesar82; 22-05-2021 at 16:18.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
:( Sad8669 (22-05-2021), andreiutzu21 (23-05-2021), Grumpy (23-05-2021), houcine80 (23-05-2021), mausschieber (23-05-2021), pakrat2k2 (27-05-2021), Razor12911 (07-06-2021), sajmon83 (24-05-2021)
  #813  
Old 28-05-2021, 09:35
andreiutzu21 andreiutzu21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Romania
Posts: 49
Thanks: 149
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
andreiutzu21 is on a distinguished road


Last edited by andreiutzu21; 28-05-2021 at 09:36. Reason: not showing images
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 28-05-2021, 09:36
andreiutzu21 andreiutzu21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Romania
Posts: 49
Thanks: 149
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
andreiutzu21 is on a distinguished road

Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 28-05-2021, 09:39
andreiutzu21 andreiutzu21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Romania
Posts: 49
Thanks: 149
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
andreiutzu21 is on a distinguished road
hi houcine 80 it show me this error when i try to open setup

CREATOR MODE ENABLED

This Setup.ini file was not found near the executable of this installer

Put "Setup.ini" next to the executable or disable creator mode and recompile the script
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreiutzu21 For This Useful Post:
Cesar82 (28-05-2021), houcine80 (28-05-2021)
  #816  
Old 28-05-2021, 20:40
pratikpatel8982 pratikpatel8982 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: India
Posts: 116
Thanks: 100
Thanked 39 Times in 26 Posts
pratikpatel8982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiutzu21 View Post
hi houcine 80 it show me this error when i try to open setup

CREATOR MODE ENABLED

This Setup.ini file was not found near the executable of this installer

Put "Setup.ini" next to the executable or disable creator mode and recompile the script
It's not an error, and to disable creator mode, add ; before #define CREATOR, and it'll work Like this
Code:
Change this:
#define CREATOR
To this:
;#define CREATOR
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 06-06-2021, 10:47
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 728
Thanks: 1,042
Thanked 1,360 Times in 475 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
CIU Hotfix

Hi guys!
I shared a new hotfix for CIU in #post.
P.S: Some changes will be in the beta 9 changelog, some will not.
Code:
HOTFIX CHANGES:
- Fixed bug of wrong caption on Next/Back buttons (Thanks Prettyboy099 for informing) mainly when running uninstall.exe (it displayed PAUSE where it should show UNINSTALL). 
- Changed FlagSpace= key in [LangBox] section to support two values (FlagSpace=<X>,<Y>) separated by comma in "box" mode.
- Disabled inclusion of DXFilters filters in CREATOR mode to speed up interim compilation.
- Added ISPP option (temporary) to disable IsMediaLib functions inclusion before compile Setup.exe.
  >> If you don't use videos in your conversion and want to avoid memory leak errors that occur in some random systems, enable line 8 of the script by removing the ";" to disable IsMediLib.dll.
  >> The song ".mp3" will still be played, but by the BASS.dll library.
- Removed the use of the "Default.ini" file that compared in the compilation and included the keys only if the value is different from the default in IniMemory.
>> The purpose of this defult.ini was to speed up the reading of the ini keys a little, but the access time difference was small and whenever I changed a key it was necessary to include it in default.ini, this became laborious.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
Gehrman (10-06-2021), houcine80 (06-06-2021), mausschieber (06-06-2021), Prettyboy099 (08-06-2021), sajmon83 (07-06-2021)
  #818  
Old 07-06-2021, 07:38
mausschieber's Avatar
mausschieber mausschieber is offline
Conversion Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 2,114
Thanks: 3,997
Thanked 6,479 Times in 1,601 Posts
mausschieber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
Hi guys!
I shared a new hotfix for CIU in #post.
P.S: Some changes will be in the beta 9 changelog, some will not.
Code:
HOTFIX CHANGES:
- Fixed bug of wrong caption on Next/Back buttons (Thanks Prettyboy099 for informing) mainly when running uninstall.exe (it displayed PAUSE where it should show UNINSTALL). 
- Changed FlagSpace= key in [LangBox] section to support two values (FlagSpace=<X>,<Y>) separated by comma in "box" mode.
- Disabled inclusion of DXFilters filters in CREATOR mode to speed up interim compilation.
- Added ISPP option (temporary) to disable IsMediaLib functions inclusion before compile Setup.exe.
  >> If you don't use videos in your conversion and want to avoid memory leak errors that occur in some random systems, enable line 8 of the script by removing the ";" to disable IsMediLib.dll.
  >> The song ".mp3" will still be played, but by the BASS.dll library.
- Removed the use of the "Default.ini" file that compared in the compilation and included the keys only if the value is different from the default in IniMemory.
>> The purpose of this defult.ini was to speed up the reading of the ini keys a little, but the access time difference was small and whenever I changed a key it was necessary to include it in default.ini, this became laborious.
i saw that the HF2 haver bugs for smalbutton left Picture is HF1 Script and right Picture is HF2 Script
Attached Images
File Type: png HF1.png (430.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: png HF2.png (428.2 KB, 132 views)
__________________
It would be nice if you appreciate my work with the thanks Button
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 07-06-2021, 08:33
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 728
Thanks: 1,042
Thanked 1,360 Times in 475 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausschieber View Post
i saw that the HF2 haver bugs for smalbutton left Picture is HF1 Script and right Picture is HF2 Script
Here too.
I'll check it out soon (in about 8h) and after correcting it, I'll replace the HF2 in the same post.
If you find other bugs, please report them.
Thanks for the information.

Edit:
Hotfix 2 updated in previous post.
@mausschieber, if possible let me know if everything worked as it should.

Last edited by Cesar82; 07-06-2021 at 14:13. Reason: Hotfix 2 updated
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
GaMEr_2077 (07-06-2021), mausschieber (07-06-2021), sajmon83 (07-06-2021)
  #820  
Old 07-06-2021, 14:31
mausschieber's Avatar
mausschieber mausschieber is offline
Conversion Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 2,114
Thanks: 3,997
Thanked 6,479 Times in 1,601 Posts
mausschieber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
Here too.
I'll check it out soon (in about 8h) and after correcting it, I'll replace the HF2 in the same post.
If you find other bugs, please report them.
Thanks for the information.

Edit:
Hotfix 2 updated in previous post.
@mausschieber, if possible let me know if everything worked as it should.
now it work perfect
__________________
It would be nice if you appreciate my work with the thanks Button
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mausschieber For This Useful Post:
Cesar82 (07-06-2021), GaMEr_2077 (07-06-2021)
  #821  
Old 12-06-2021, 16:36
Snake288 Snake288 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Paris
Posts: 151
Thanks: 88
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Snake288 is on a distinguished road
Madness Engine

Games supported
Automobilista 2
Project Cars 1?? (someone test this plugin on this game and if it's not working, please upload a few samples)
Project Cars 2 (wait for R2)
Project Cars 3 (since bdt is buggy on this game, you can use this as an alternative) [also wait for R2]

Usage
Place madness.dll near xtool.exe along with required libraries and use -mmadness

Notes
Madness Engine
https://fileforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=131

Hello Cesar82
I want to use this plugin for the convenience of compressing the game Automobilista 2
Madness Engine I want to use this plugin DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 can I have your support?
Reply With Quote
  #822  
Old 12-06-2021, 17:34
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 728
Thanks: 1,042
Thanked 1,360 Times in 475 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake288 View Post
Hello Cesar82
I want to use this plugin for the convenience of compressing the game Automobilista 2
Madness Engine I want to use this plugin DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 can I have your support?
DiskSpan_GUI will not have support for this "Madness Engine" plugin anytime soon.
DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 uses XTool 0.3.9 and the plugin "Madness Engine" is not compatible with this version of XTool (as far as I know) and XTool from version 0.3.12 had changes in the command line and it can't be just replaced in DiskSpan_GUI (Needs several code changes).
I also haven't updated DiskSpan_GUI to XTool_0.3.11_hotfix (latest version with same old command line) because many of the plugins that work on version 0.3.9 don't work on version 0.3.11 and I believe that the plugin updates that have been released lately don't work with 0.3.11.

Wait for DiskSpan_GUI 2.0.0.0 which will be released along with the final version 3.0.0.1 of the CIU (Or maybe even earlier, along with the upcoming 3.0.0.1.beta.9 of the CIU).

Edit:
You can create a .bat file with the current "XTool" and the "Madness Engine" plugin and the necessary compressors and compress the game.
To create the Setup.dll file create a folder and place all the decompressors file and the Arc.ini/CLS.ini file with the paths corresponding to the folder structure used for the decompressors and then drag and drop the folder over the "_Compress Optional file" DLL (Drop Folder or Setup.dll).bat" from the COMPRESSORS folder to create the Setup.dll file.

Last edited by Cesar82; 12-06-2021 at 17:39.
Reply With Quote
  #823  
Old 13-06-2021, 00:21
Snake288 Snake288 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Paris
Posts: 151
Thanks: 88
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Snake288 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
DiskSpan_GUI will not have support for this "Madness Engine" plugin anytime soon.
DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 uses XTool 0.3.9 and the plugin "Madness Engine" is not compatible with this version of XTool (as far as I know) and XTool from version 0.3.12 had changes in the command line and it can't be just replaced in DiskSpan_GUI (Needs several code changes).
I also haven't updated DiskSpan_GUI to XTool_0.3.11_hotfix (latest version with same old command line) because many of the plugins that work on version 0.3.9 don't work on version 0.3.11 and I believe that the plugin updates that have been released lately don't work with 0.3.11.

Wait for DiskSpan_GUI 2.0.0.0 which will be released along with the final version 3.0.0.1 of the CIU (Or maybe even earlier, along with the upcoming 3.0.0.1.beta.9 of the CIU).

Edit:
You can create a .bat file with the current "XTool" and the "Madness Engine" plugin and the necessary compressors and compress the game.
To create the Setup.dll file create a folder and place all the decompressors file and the Arc.ini/CLS.ini file with the paths corresponding to the folder structure used for the decompressors and then drag and drop the folder over the "_Compress Optional file" DLL (Drop Folder or Setup.dll).bat" from the COMPRESSORS folder to create the Setup.dll file.
Hello Cesar82
I want to use this plugin for the convenience of compressing the game Automobilista 2
Madness Engine I want to use this pluginI couldn't run the Madness engine add-in (.bat) I couldn't run the madness engine plugin
Sorry, but I couldn't (.can I get help preparing the bat file if possible ?
Reply With Quote
  #824  
Old 13-06-2021, 05:12
Snake288 Snake288 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Paris
Posts: 151
Thanks: 88
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Snake288 is on a distinguished road
Hi Cesar82

Hello Cesar82
Automobilista 2 DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 Madness Engine I added a plugin DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 DS_Methods.ini can you control the coding error I can't find where I made a mistake

Automobilista 2 Files I'm Working On
https://pixeldrain.com/u/TGoDkgDJ

Last edited by Snake288; 13-06-2021 at 05:14.
Reply With Quote
  #825  
Old 13-06-2021, 12:31
mausschieber's Avatar
mausschieber mausschieber is offline
Conversion Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 2,114
Thanks: 3,997
Thanked 6,479 Times in 1,601 Posts
mausschieber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake288 View Post
Hello Cesar82
Automobilista 2 DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 Madness Engine I added a plugin DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 DS_Methods.ini can you control the coding error I can't find where I made a mistake

Automobilista 2 Files I'm Working On
https://pixeldrain.com/u/TGoDkgDJ
i think you can not mix the setup from CIU 3.0.0.0 with the DiskSpan_GUI 1.0.0.5 the tools are different thats why it do not work
i have updated the Conversion to new Script
__________________
It would be nice if you appreciate my work with the thanks Button
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 5 11-06-2020 02:05
[GSERIES] Custom Installer Ultimate V2g Gupta Conversion Tutorials 226 01-06-2018 13:12
Crysis 3 DVD9 to 3xDVD5 Custom Installer spawniectes PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 79 31-08-2017 07:19



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com