Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17-09-2021, 12:10
frankutio frankutio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
frankutio is on a distinguished road
Alone In the dark 3 to ISO file

I need help with a question here, I have the CD-ROM Alone in the dark 3 trying to make a backup to ISO, but I failed miserably because all the programs I used to create the ISO from the error, the error is very generic, ranging from random numbers saying the CD is corrupted or something.

I suspect there must be some security lock or encryption, I really need to create the ISO, does anyone know how to help me?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 17-09-2021, 18:59
Grumpy's Avatar
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,635
Thanks: 1,147
Thanked 1,744 Times in 747 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
It has been many years since I have had to create an ISO of a game CD/DVD but I used to use Alcohol 120 to create ISO's.
From what I have googled 'Alone in the dark 3' Game CD is only protected by 'CD Checks' so an ISO should be easy enough to create but you will most likely still need a NoCD Crack to play the game as once installed the game will still check that there is a CD in the CD Drive.
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-09-2021, 19:44
frankutio frankutio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
frankutio is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It has been many years since I have had to create an ISO of a game CD/DVD but I used to use Alcohol 120 to create ISO's.
From what I have googled 'Alone in the dark 3' Game CD is only protected by 'CD Checks' so an ISO should be easy enough to create but you will most likely still need a NoCD Crack to play the game as once installed the game will still check that there is a CD in the CD Drive.
I've tried several programs to create the ISO but they all give an error saying that the WAITD3 CD-ROM has multiple tracks and it wasn't supported in ISO format... I'll make my last attempt with Alcohol 120, then post the result here! Thanks for the tip friend!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-09-2021, 21:44
acal3000 acal3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dancing with the Death
Posts: 497
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
acal3000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankutio View Post
I've tried several programs to create the ISO but they all give an error saying that the WAITD3 CD-ROM has multiple tracks and it wasn't supported in ISO format... I'll make my last attempt with Alcohol 120, then post the result here! Thanks for the tip friend!
PowerISO is another one..If every program continue failing on make an ISO is pretty posible the disk is too scratched...And it's generally NOT a problem make ISOS from disks with audio tracks..The programs you used that gave you that error must be something bad on..

Last edited by acal3000; 18-09-2021 at 21:50.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-09-2021, 06:49
frankutio frankutio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
frankutio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by acal3000 View Post
PowerISO is another one..If every program continue failing on make an ISO is pretty posible the disk is too scratched...And it's generally NOT a problem make ISOS from disks with audio tracks..The programs you used that gave you that error must be something bad on..
I also believe that you shouldn't have problems making an ISO, I'll try the tip from my friend above and post the result here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-09-2021, 02:36
WaltonSimons's Avatar
WaltonSimons WaltonSimons is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 467
Thanks: 203
Thanked 215 Times in 171 Posts
WaltonSimons is on a distinguished road
Well, you will find it unable to create an "ISO" ISO. As in an ISO-format CD Image. If your disc has audio tracks, try bin/cue as your image format, or mdf/mds. Or CloneCD (ccd/img/sub).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaltonSimons For This Useful Post:
frankutio (21-09-2021)
  #7  
Old 21-09-2021, 07:47
frankutio frankutio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
frankutio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltonSimons View Post
Well, you will find it unable to create an "ISO" ISO. As in an ISO-format CD Image. If your disc has audio tracks, try bin/cue as your image format, or mdf/mds. Or CloneCD (ccd/img/sub).
I used a program that gave an option to save as bim, but I don't know how I would do to emulate it in a driver. maybe if i can use CloneCD for img format, i'll try too
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-09-2021, 06:16
WaltonSimons's Avatar
WaltonSimons WaltonSimons is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 467
Thanks: 203
Thanked 215 Times in 171 Posts
WaltonSimons is on a distinguished road
if you save as a bin, there's an associated .cue sheet created to come with it. CloneCD format has its own .ccd sheet as well as the option to also create the .cue one.

If you have an image that comes in multiple files (usually two, three in case of CloneCD), you use the smallest one for mounting (like mds, cue or ccd) because it essentially tells your virtual drive program (like Daemon Tools for instance) what the image contains.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaltonSimons For This Useful Post:
frankutio (01-10-2021)
  #9  
Old 01-10-2021, 12:54
frankutio frankutio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
frankutio is on a distinguished road
Finished

I got it, thanks everyone for the tip, I used CloneCD it created 3 files: .ccd, .img and .sub....
With that I can mount the .ccd using cloneDrive without problems!! Thank you all!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CIUv3] Custom Installer Ultimate v3 KaktoR Conversion Tutorials 844 13-06-2022 14:25
Having a nightmare with Iomega USB ZipCD - Help! Tranced CD/DVD-Writers 2 03-04-2005 06:00
PMA Update failure....????????? dannyk DVD Backup Forum 1 05-01-2005 14:19
HELP ME PLZ!!!! Dalvin DC Games 0 02-01-2001 22:15
HELP ME PLZ!!!! Dalvin DC Games 0 02-01-2001 22:14



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com