Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 29-05-2015, 12:34

ChronoCross is on a distinguished road
I feel offended too. sniff sniff :LOL
But pakrat2k2 its right. The users need to know the basic. if they use compilers softwares by razor12911, so they need compression softwares by razor12911.
the same thing with the scripts UA support by Razor12911.
C'mon felice2011 you know that your soft i'ts not a garbage.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-05-2015, 13:13

Thanked 1,142 Times in 386 Posts
felice2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
I feel offended too. sniff sniff :LOL
But pakrat2k2 its right. The users need to know the basic. if they use compilers softwares by razor12911, so they need compression softwares by razor12911.
the same thing with the scripts UA support by Razor12911.
C'mon felice2011 you know that your soft i'ts not a garbage.
OK you are right, he could use the word inappropriate, or not suitable for the user's needs..but I do not understand the term garbage.
To thee would like that your applications for others be garbage ??
Old 17-06-2015, 00:25

urbanman2004 is on a distinguished road
No luck

Since I am a beginner, I thought that because this method is somewhat automated that using it would be a "fool-proof" but I was sure wrong. I did everything according to the PNG tutorial and still no dice. Every time I get to the final part where it asks me to paste in each separate folder path of the "split game" to begin bin batch process, I get the following error:

My computer constantly chimes each time this error occurs during the bin batch process and once the process completes, there is nothing in the "Game_Setup_BIN" folder as a result. All I want to do is archive my games for future use, not compete with Scene. Is there anyone that can point me to a legible tutorial (for newbs) detailing the process without the reader having to second guess everything. Basically I want to learn how to set the parameters of my compression to include "Precomp + srep + LZMA" in FreeArc or UltraArc and merge these files in an installation setup. I hope I am not asking for too much.
Old 17-06-2015, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanman2004 View Post
Since I am a beginner, I thought that because this method is somewhat automated that using it would be a "fool-proof" but I was sure wrong. I did everything according to the PNG tutorial and still no dice. Every time I get to the final part where it asks me to paste in each separate folder path of the "split game" to begin bin batch process, I get the following error:

My computer constantly chimes each time this error occurs during the bin batch process and once the process completes, there is nothing in the "Game_Setup_BIN" folder as a result. All I want to do is archive my games for future use, not compete with Scene. Is there anyone that can point me to a legible tutorial (for newbs) detailing the process without the reader having to second guess everything. Basically I want to learn how to set the parameters of my compression to include "Precomp + srep + LZMA" in FreeArc or UltraArc and merge these files in an installation setup. I hope I am not asking for too much.
It can be a limited system in Ram ... minimum 4GB + of RAM, not logically shared..

Try This...http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=96464
Old 17-06-2015, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by felice2011 View Post
It can be a limited system in Ram ... minimum 4GB + of RAM, not logically shared..

Try This...http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=96464
I am using 16 GBs
Old 17-06-2015, 10:51

I also appreciate the alternative I presented... Is this option as simple and easy to use as DLG S & C 1.2?
Old 29-09-2015, 11:25

Vincendre is on a distinguished road
Hey,
I try to use this software since yesterday, with the BlackBox v2 Designer, to try to do few RePacks of my games, but I have few questions and I hope I ask them in the good topic :

1- I've tried to compress Final Fantasy V game (which size 1Gb) with the DLG_S_&_C v1.1 and with the "best quality" option, my setup file size ~660Mb.
But with the DLG_S_&_C v1.2, the same game with, this time, "Ultra Quality" (which takes very more time to compress), my setup file size is now 755Mb.

Does it's normal ? A Ultra quality compression it's better than the second option "best" I guess so why the size is bigger with this 1.2 version ?

2-
By the way, Ultra Quality Compression is really the best option to choose for RePack some games ?
(I want to RePack my games, like BlackBox or RG Mecanics for my personal use and to share them easier with friends (And to learn too, I like to know a bit of everything)).

3- Usually, I just mount my ISO games and install them normally, and everything work fine with ISO disk.
But to create a RePacked Games, I have to compress installed data of a game etc.

But about Update or DLC, or even Mods, does RePacked game cause any troubles ? (I guess the awnser is no but I prefer ask this anyway)

Sorry for my English (I'm French)
And to ask so many questions, but I hesitate between keeping my ISO format for Games or convert them all to RePack version (for easier installation sometimes and to save some HDD space)
I want to understand I bit more about those things.

Thanks
Old 29-09-2015, 23:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincendre View Post
Hey,
I try to use this software since yesterday, with the BlackBox v2 Designer, to try to do few RePacks of my games, but I have few questions and I hope I ask them in the good topic :

1- I've tried to compress Final Fantasy V game (which size 1Gb) with the DLG_S_&_C v1.1 and with the "best quality" option, my setup file size ~660Mb.
But with the DLG_S_&_C v1.2, the same game with, this time, "Ultra Quality" (which takes very more time to compress), my setup file size is now 755Mb.

Does it's normal ? A Ultra quality compression it's better than the second option "best" I guess so why the size is bigger with this 1.2 version ?

2-
By the way, Ultra Quality Compression is really the best option to choose for RePack some games ?
(I want to RePack my games, like BlackBox or RG Mecanics for my personal use and to share them easier with friends (And to learn too, I like to know a bit of everything)).

3- Usually, I just mount my ISO games and install them normally, and everything work fine with ISO disk.
But to create a RePacked Games, I have to compress installed data of a game etc.

But about Update or DLC, or even Mods, does RePacked game cause any troubles ? (I guess the awnser is no but I prefer ask this anyway)

Sorry for my English (I'm French)
And to ask so many questions, but I hesitate between keeping my ISO format for Games or convert them all to RePack version (for easier installation sometimes and to save some HDD space)
I want to understand I bit more about those things.

Thanks
The compression methods of DLG DLG 1.1 and 1.2 are identical.
There is no universal method for all games, for example the use of precomp+srep not always improves the compression as opposed to the use of only srep.
As always and has been already told you have to try the best method for each game.
Old 22-11-2015, 17:52

AHMED SAMI is on a distinguished road
Great job bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to AHMED SAMI For This Useful Post:
felice2011 (23-11-2015)
Old 23-11-2015, 04:16

rinaldo is on a distinguished road
to me it works like a charm ... maybe you have to carefully follow the tutorial guys, I only use this software because it better than others
Old 16-10-2021, 02:50

kj911 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by felice2011 View Post
The program analyzes the game folder to be divided, when choosing the size of the folder you want to split, it happens that the same program enters the same file in the same folder..
In this case, use the command "REMOVE DUPLICATE FILE" to remove the files of the same name and size, as they are unnecessary double, freeing up space for each folder you want to compress the final.
Duplicated files properly removed? Check file size only or/and binary checked, before removing duped ones? ReDuping methods? Use *.BAT files or any? KPS released ADFS tools not fully perfect, the huge files counts. (~160k) The tools see, posted it: https://fileforums.com/showpost.php?...91&postcount=6