Go Back   FileForums > Games > Game Trainers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-02-2012, 22:28
h4x0r #'s Avatar
h4x0r # h4x0r # is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
h4x0r # is on a distinguished road
@Swaynie, np man, soon OFFLINE mode is avaiable

regards
__________________
IN NEW PROJECTS

Last edited by h4x0r #; 01-02-2012 at 22:59.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 02-02-2012, 00:24
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,711
Thanks: 10
Thanked 298 Times in 189 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynie View Post
i refuse to use CH trainers as I don't want to pay for a cheat subscription and using god knows what to see what stuff iv'e used on my pc.
Why do you think CheatHappens trainers are stealing your personal information? I'm yet to see a proof of that. The same goes for h4x0r's trainers, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynie View Post
In the business I work in if someone isnt forthcoming of there intentions and putting things on your cumputer without your permission is invasion of privacy and is a crime and also counts a act of fraud
Then you need to be afraid of Micro$oft much more than of CheatHappens - or other trainer makes, for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
h4x0r's trainers are the ones using DRM on FREE TRAINERS and uploading all of your info to their servers each time you run the trainer.
You were given several chances to prove that h4x0r's trainers steal personal information. You didn't. I see no reason to not permban you (again) for spreading lies (again); can you tell me one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Why don't you ask yourself why DRM is needed on something that is FREE? You deserve h4x0r's trainers. Idiot.
Why don't you fu... ask yourself why DRM is needed on the demos of several games? Idiot.
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14
PWizFromCH PWizFromCH is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PWizFromCH is on a distinguished road
Wow, Joe, got h4x0r's back again, eh? Weren't you one of the people condeming h4x0r for adding DRM into his free trainers? Now you're a big supporter? *shocker*

BTW, h4x0r, if you're going to add DRM into your trainers, it might help if you not have the $1.99 hosting package (25 pesos) at WEBSITES-R-US.com seeing as how your trainers no longer work when your website is offline for days.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:31
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,711
Thanks: 10
Thanked 298 Times in 189 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Weren't you one of the people condeming h4x0r for adding DRM into his free trainers? Now you're a big supporter?
Wow, it's so reassuring to know that you know what I mean better than I do! That's your main problem: coming up with false assumptions and deductions based on incomplete information and, to a great degree, maliciousness. I know intuition and creativity works exactly the same way - if the result is positive and the person benevolent! - but you're supposed be intelligent enough to be able to see the distinction.

I told h4x0r many times that it's a stupid idea - and I still believe it is - but I did it mostly privately and in a friendly manner. Unlike you, that is. What I pointed out to you was that there are other examples of using DRM where there's no apparent reason to. (Of course, there is a reason but it's not apparent to the average user.)

By the way, care to reply to my previous question: can you tell me a reason not to permban you for spreading lies (again)?
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!

Last edited by Joe Forster/STA; 02-02-2012 at 03:33.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08
PWizFromCH PWizFromCH is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PWizFromCH is on a distinguished road
Can you PROVE that I am lying? Have you personally disassembled all of h4x0r's trainers to see what they are or are not doing during this mysterious DRM authentication process? I would do it for you, but we both know that would be pointless as you would just accuse me of falsifying the information.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26
cocodrilo cocodrilo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spain
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
cocodrilo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can you PROVE that I am lying? Have you personally disassembled all of h4x0r's trainers to see what they are or are not doing during this mysterious DRM authentication process? I would do it for you, but we both know that would be pointless as you would just accuse me of falsifying the information.
Yes I can

Quote:
I would do it for you, but we both know that would be pointless as you would just accuse me of falsifying the information.
yes, try it please. the key is encrypted using rijndael and encoded in base64.

Last edited by cocodrilo; 02-02-2012 at 06:32.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,711
Thanks: 10
Thanked 298 Times in 189 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Have you personally disassembled all of h4x0r's trainers to see what they are or are not doing during this mysterious DRM authentication process? I would do it for you, but we both know that would be pointless as you would just accuse me of falsifying the information.
You're trying to shift the burden of proof into which trap I will not fall.

You'll need to explain it in a way that others also understand, can follow and check for themselves. If your guide is too technical then you won't be able to convince the public, including me. (That's not my fault: fact is that the vast majority of humankind is NOT an expert in decrypting, unpacking, reverse-engineering Windows assembly code.) If convincing the public doesn't matter to you then why are you complaining here at all, why did you ask help from us back then?! If you want to make your point, for god's sake, make it! Until then, you're just talking vague suspicions (i.e. bullshit) which we've had way enough of. Also make sure that the trainer is on h4x0r's site or GCW (exact download URL!), so that you cannot change the code or, for that matter, let anyone accuse you of it. (Not that I haven't told you all this about a dozen times...)

You really need to educate yourself about logic fallacies (too) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy - because there's, at least, one in every post you make.
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:48
cocodrilo cocodrilo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spain
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
cocodrilo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
wow, that's some pretty strong encryption for a FREE PRODUCT that has NOTHING TO HIDE.
Is a validation process... ┐would you to use plain text?.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:57
PWizFromCH PWizFromCH is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PWizFromCH is on a distinguished road
Why not? We do, because we are not sending ANY personal information during our authentication process.

BTW Joe, we spent DAYS compiling such info into a PDF document a couple of years ago showing how h4x0r ripped several of our trainers. We all know how that went. Not going to waste time going through that again. Believe me or not, doesn't really matter. I think the public is smart enough to figure out that online only DRM, super encrypted, which requires an account to be created at a third party website, all for a FREE PRODUCT, is more than a little phishy.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05
cocodrilo cocodrilo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spain
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
cocodrilo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why not?
If the user has access to the data anyone can send false validation data. is unusual store validation data in plain text in any service.

It is easy to understand for these reasons:

The key is generated in the server, and downloaded in your profile in SC.

The file not change or increase in the user computer.

is the file is generated in the server ┐how to send other information? please explain.

Its good to know:

The regulation implementing the Organic Law on Data Protection indicates that passwords, while in active state, will be stored in an "unintelligible" format.

Last edited by cocodrilo; 02-02-2012 at 07:33.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:41
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,711
Thanks: 10
Thanked 298 Times in 189 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
we spent DAYS compiling such info into a PDF document a couple of years ago showing how h4x0r ripped several of our trainers. We all know how that went.
And I spent HOURS trying to explain to you that a document by itself is not a proof, unless others can use it to make their investigations. As you haven't provided us with download links to real CheatHappens and h4x0r trainers, which I asked you several times, there was no way to make our own investigation. Neither could anyone else, including people who can reverse-engineer trainers. (Of course, I wrote down this, too, in one of our announcements.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Not going to waste time going through that again.
Me neither. You either show proof or fuck off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Believe me or not, doesn't really matter.
If it didn't really matter, you wouldn't be here complaining, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
I think the public is smart enough to figure out that online only DRM, super encrypted, which requires an account to be created at a third party website, all for a FREE PRODUCT, is more than a little phishy.
I think the public is smart enough to recognize the false logic - and lack of actual proofs - in your posts. Not too difficult, though, as you're using quite a lot of them:
- argumentum ad hominem
- argumentum ad baculum
- argumentum ad ignorantiam
- argumentum ad verecundian
- argumentum ad ridiculum
- argumentum ad nauseam
- argumentum ex silentio
- onus probandi
- red herring
- no true Scotsman
- cherry picking
- straw man
- to quoque
(Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies, too.)

I got bored of you. Go away!
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:39
Geri Geri is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Geri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWizFromCH View Post
Can you PROVE that I am lying? Have you personally disassembled all of h4x0r's trainers to see what they are or are not doing during this mysterious DRM authentication process?
LOL. Posts like this are ruining your credibility. You just confirmed that your accusations are not having any ground. Not a wise move. Your temper is your enemy.

Ironically, you and h4x0r have more in common than you would think. Quick to anger, ban people just because you have a bad day, waging an infinite war against each other with a never-ending hatred. Facts that are true and well known about both of you.

Funny that you hate each other so much because you are similar in so many aspects.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43
h4x0r #'s Avatar
h4x0r # h4x0r # is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
h4x0r # is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
LOL. Posts like this are ruining your credibility. You just confirmed that your accusations are not having any ground. Not a wise move. Your temper is your enemy.

Ironically, you and h4x0r have more in common than you would think. Quick to anger, ban people just because you have a bad day, waging an infinite war against each other with a never-ending hatred. Facts that are true and well known about both of you.

Funny that you hate each other so much because you are similar in so many aspects.
well everyone can think what they want, but i'm very quiet that i have nothing to do with these people now and never.

regards
__________________
IN NEW PROJECTS

Last edited by h4x0r #; 02-02-2012 at 12:49.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-02-2012, 13:03
Geri Geri is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Geri is on a distinguished road
But you have opened this topic:
http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=92691

And they do the same about you on their forum.

You guys never give up. I wasn't even born yet when this war has started.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-02-2012, 14:03
h4x0r #'s Avatar
h4x0r # h4x0r # is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
h4x0r # is on a distinguished road
but i just leave doubt in the air, not directly accuse anyone, much less insult anyone .. also I have a right to complain because complaints have never started for me
__________________
IN NEW PROJECTS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com