zeroes and ones.....

TippeX is on a distinguished road
were you a paid member?
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phadeb View Post
Just to let you know that my ip is probably blacklisted from cheathappens site because i can't access it anymore.
I don't think you're blacklisted but, if you want, you could try accessing the site via a free proxy. Search for them on the Net and try, at least, three of them, big ones and small ones, too. (If none of them work, send me a PM with their IP addresses and I'll try them myself. It's possible that those free proxies are blacklisted: my attempts will show whether or not this is the case.) I have no problems accessing the CheatHappens main page at this moment.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 11-11-2011, 14:01

phadeb is on a distinguished road
pruned

Last edited by phadeb; 27-05-2014 at 05:30. Reason: pruned
Old 11-11-2011, 16:53
Senior forum member

Wow, I'm amazed... Or am I...?

What Internet provider are you using; do you have a fixed IP address or a dynamic one? If a dynamic one and there's someone around using the same provider, can you ask him or her to check out the CheatHappens site? Dunno how deep you tested this already but I'm curious.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 11-11-2011, 23:49

Pruned

Old 13-11-2011, 02:53

STN is on a distinguished road
their response made me laugh, okay i suppose h4x0r can steal his account info but how can his account get inactive if CH donot want it ?. I think they should handle their customers more "gracefully", banning should only be reserved for spammers and annoying users, i think this goes for h4x0r as well since there have been more than several complaints of him banning people on forums because they just asked a question.

As for the rest of the thread, i'd use Joe's words and say its verbal diarrhea. I feel h4x0r can do much better than he currently is by caring more about his users and in my eyes, CH is winning because they do not their annoy their faithful users, the 'evil' tactics, well they want to dominate and thats part of dominating the competition. This doesn't mean i support them, im just sayin'.
Old 13-11-2011, 05:25
Senior forum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STN View Post
there have been more than several complaints of [h4x0r] banning people on forums because they just asked a question. [...] CH is winning because they do not annoy their faithful users
Faithful users don't ask questions, get it?
Old 13-11-2011, 05:49
zeroes and ones.....

im just wondering how legal ch's actions are to banning lifetime members (as seems to be the case) without reason.. im sure they are aware but they probably covered their asses.. its shameful though and blatant theft.. $50 or smth for lifetime memberhip. if it happened to me i would definately seek legal advice, perhaps phadeb might be best investigating that
Old 13-11-2011, 08:59
Senior forum member

They don't understand even basic legal notions: one is that their "file" on h4x0r is not an actual proof, just a guide on how to prove their claims for experts (forensics?) to check, another I don't remember anymore but I wrote it down somewhere in our announcements. Also, trying to show us how valid their points are and how much they're backed up by the law, by sending to us a picture (!) with the name and address of the lawyer, is so ridiculous that I have major doubts.

So if phadeb has some time and would like to play then, yes, he should seek legal advice. Even if not to sue CheatHappens right away, "only" ask for advice: 1) is the situation against some law and 2) does he have proofs that a jury will accept? I, similarly to TippeX, would go for it.
Old 14-11-2011, 12:17

Pruned

Old 22-11-2011, 23:37

Geri is on a distinguished road
Oh. This shit again? The last one was just a few months ago. It's awesome how PWizard has immediately figured it out that the login info was stolen by h4x0r. So let's see the whole story:

1. H4x0r has a special code in the trainer that is searching for CH login details specifically.

2. H4x0r is using CH users' accounts.

3. PWizard is detecting that h4x0r (who else could be?) has hijacked an account.

4. Account banned and the registered user was not informed about it at all. Instead, when he says he has used a h4x0r trainer, it turns out that this was the exact reason for the trouble.

Thank you! Laughing is healthy and you have just made my life 1 year longer.
How on Earth do they know if h4x0r is using an account? Could it be someone else? No waaaaaaaay! It was h4x0r for 100%.

Oh come on people. None of these guys could figure out even just a proper children story, not to mention a sophisticated lie.

As for the h4x0r vs CH thing, most people just hate them both. h4x0r is quick tempered and banning people on sight and CH is just... well, CH. I agree with STN on that one.
CH is banning people for saying anything that they don't like, h4x0r is banning people for saying anything that he don't like. Hey guess what? I see a connection here.

I think that banning should be the last solution in handling a problematic forum member and communication should be the first, but this isn't an advice, it is just my opinion. Patience is a virtue, and not just in reverse engineering.
Old 22-11-2011, 23:55
zeroes and ones.....

heh Geri, perhaps hax0r and ch should merge.. chx0r totally agree too
The Following User Says Thank You to TippeX For This Useful Post:
remcodevries (26-08-2013)
Old 23-11-2011, 00:25

Geri is on a distinguished road
They could not agree on the name.

chx0r is almost impossible to pronounce and if they change it to ch4x0r, then it will be almost the same as h4x0r's name. They should call themselves:

Cheat H4xpens
Old 23-11-2011, 05:24
Senior forum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
I think that banning should be the last solution in handling a problematic forum member and communication should be the first, but this isn't an advice, it is just my opinion. Patience is a virtue, and not just in reverse engineering.
That's exactly what I've been doing all the time although most people involve don't understand it. Of course, they don't because they don't even want to. The war could've been "solved" easily and fast, at least on this forum, by permbanning everyone who took part in the very first flame war at once. However, I strongly believe in (and practise) free spech... but only while it remains civil. Those parties could've been banned like a dozen times but I waited and waited and waited; some people see it as impotence or weakness, I see it, like you, a virtue.

By the way, Cheath4x Happensor or CheatHappens & Co..

Last edited by Joe Forster/STA; 23-11-2011 at 05:34.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Forster/STA For This Useful Post:
remcodevries (26-08-2013)