Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Microsoft XBox > XBox Games

Old 03-11-2004, 21:48

Big Country is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Big Country
Microsoft to transfer file via Xbox live to make my game backup not work?

Is there a way for Microsoft to transfer some type of file via Xbox live to make my game backup not work?

I bought Ninja Gaiden and it plays fine but when I made a backup I removed the Jap movie files and not the automatic update file before I burned the copy and it tried to update and I guess I got banned from Xbox live because all it says now is that Xbox live is not available now and to try again later. Itís been saying that for a month now. Anyway my backup of Ninja Gaiden worked fine for that first day and Never worked again. I can get through the introduction and after it asks if I want to play the regular or hard version it says the disk is dirty or corrupt every time at that exact place. I burned another copy and removed the automatic update file but it still does not work. I have cleaned the laser, tried 4 different types of media including Taiyo Yuden, deleted my ISO file and FTPíd the game over to my computer several times and burned it again in case the files where corrupt, removed my Xenium Ice chip and replaced it several times. I am using the M8 bios.

My other backups seem to work fine most of the time. I backed up a couple the other day and tried them right after and they worked but neither of them would work the next day and they both work fine today.

I'm pretty sure that it is not the Chip. Not the media. Not the ISO file. Not a dirty laser.

I donít know anyone else with a modded Xbox to see if the backups I made will work in their Xbox so I donít know exactly what is the problem.

Any ideas???
Old 04-11-2004, 08:03

Quall999 is on a distinguished road
ninja gaiden is the only dvd-game I have that will give random disk errors. You are probably banned from xbox live, but I doubt MS patched anthing. Find the Ninja Gaiden save folderon E, delete it in both the UData and TData folders. I don't memorize savegame folders so if you cannot find it, just go to xbox-saves.com and download a gamesave. Looking at the folder in the gamesave will tell you.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:20

Big Country is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Big Country
Thanks, Quall. I downloaded a saved game from xbox-saves.com to find out what the saved game number was and then deleted the save on my xbox. That didn't seem to help any but then I coppied that saved game I downloaded over to my Xbox to see if I could play that and it was corrupt but I can now get further in the game by starting a new game. I got the disk error once but seemed to work since then.

Thanks again. That is my kids favorite game and there is no way they are playing my original. Won't last a week with them.