Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 13-05-2001, 06:52

Firecracker
Sim City 3000: World edition

Hi all,

I'm new to this page (and to this whole business for that matter). I'm having some problems backing up my copy of Sim City 3000: World edition. It's a European version (I can choose between Dutch language, English-UK, French, Italian and Swedish (so I guess it's just PAL). Could anyone tell me how to make a backup? I looked on the site, but there I found something of a SC3.exe file, and that is not on my CD, nor on my harddisk (probably the difference between the regular version and the world edition). I'm using Nero version 5 and CloneCD (demo version). I would appreciate it if someone could help me.
One more thing: I don't have a lot of experience in this, so I really need all the basics. I hope I'll learn it fast.
Thanks people!!
Old 13-05-2001, 08:24
Die Hard Member

BOT is on a distinguished road
Found this info on ####://www.sc3000.com/knowledge/showarticle.cfm?id=0703
"SimCity 3000 Unlimited is a new version of SimCity 3000. Sold as a stand-alone game (not an an add-on), SimCity 3000 Unlimited (also known as SimCity 3000 World Edition) adds new depth and features to the game while preserving full backwards-compatibility with SimCity 3000."
Go to GCW - ####://friis.cc/_private/gcw/games/pc_simcity_3000.shtml
Old 13-05-2001, 09:14

Firecracker
Thanks for the tip, but as I said, I already looked there and it's still not really clear to me. Sorry but I'm all new to this stuff and I don't really know about all these patches and stuff.

If someone could tell me exactly how to do it, step by step, I think could manage it.

So, would someone please do that, explain it step by step? Thanks people, appreciate it. Thanks for the time
Old 14-05-2001, 02:08

Firecracker
Ok, I've been looking around a bit and I already know a little more I think. So, what do I have to do?
A. Do I have to make a copy of the CD and do I need to replace the exe-file installed on my harddisk?

B. OR do I have to copy the entire content of the CD to my harddisk, replace the exe-file by the one from this site, and then burn everything from that map to a CD?

If it is A, then how do I make a copy, because CloneCD and Nero won't even read the original CD.

If it is B, then I think I can manage. Would someone please tell me how to do this??

Thanks people, I appreciate any help!!

Firecracker
Old 14-05-2001, 05:25
Die Hard Member

BOT is on a distinguished road
B.
Old 16-05-2001, 11:11

Firecracker
Hi again.

I've tried to do it in the way I was told. I copied the content of the CD to a folder on my harddisk, replaced the SC3U.exe file there by the one from the site. I then burned the content of that folder to a CD-RW (I didn't want to waste a CD).
When I inserted the CD and started the game, it said I had to insert the correct CD. I then also replaced the installed SC3U.exe file by the one I downloaded, but that didn't work either.

So, can anyone help me with this? Maybe it's because of the version I have. Maybe it's not the same version as the one the file was made for. As I wrote earlier, I can choose between Dutch language, English-UK, French, Italian and Swedish.

Some help would be welcome. :-D

Thanks. :-D
Firecracker
Old 17-05-2001, 12:26

Firecracker
Please people, does anyone know a solution for my problem??
Old 07-06-2001, 13:54

Petefaldo
Can't offer you a solution - only sympathy. I am having trouble copying Simcity 3000 UK edition. Clone cd does not work yet the protection is only(!) safedisk.

Good luck