Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25-11-2022, 13:56
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I recommend that you use DiskSpan GUI as the project currently has support and UltraARC has long been abandoned.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
Cesar82 (01-12-2022)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40
aleison aleison is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: colombia
Posts: 11
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
aleison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
Hi, I recommend that you use DiskSpan GUI as the project currently has support and UltraARC has long been abandoned.
Thank you very much Razor what happens is that when compressing a game using the method Precomp (Ztool) + LOLZ + SREP, I get the following error when decompressing:

An error occured while unpacking: Does not match checksum!
Unarc.dll returned an error code: -12
Error: file D:\Program Files Plague Tale Requiem REPACK JPW\DATAS\SHARED.DPC failed CRC check.

Other games I compress and decompress with this method without problems, but I don't know why I get this error with this game, I have tried to compress it several times and I get the same error when decompressing it. Can you please help me if you can do something? thank you very much for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2022, 10:42
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 1,222
Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,410 Times in 637 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
^^
This is the XTool topic and you are asking about ZTool.

ZTool has been long since discontinued and is missing countless improvements added to both old XTool and XTool 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-12-2022, 11:32
aleison aleison is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: colombia
Posts: 11
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
aleison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
^^
This is the XTool topic and you are asking about ZTool.

ZTool has been long since discontinued and is missing countless improvements added to both old XTool and XTool 2020.
Thanks for answering, I have another doubt, could you tell me exactly what information I have to enter in ARC.ini to decompress a compressed file using XTOOL(xZlib)+SREP+LOLZ methods? I did everything, but I always get an error: unarc.dll -2 compression method not supported xZlib+SREP.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-12-2022, 23:40
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 1,222
Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,410 Times in 637 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
^^
... this is the XTool topic now you are asking about your issues with DiskSpanGUI.

DiskSpanGUI has a built in decompressor area for your archives so you can decompress them without issues.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2022, 08:32
leftnomemes leftnomemes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: BLR
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
leftnomemes is on a distinguished road
Documentation

Sorry if dumb question, but where can I find the documentation for the tool. New to this scene, looking to learn the tool properly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Dev]XTool Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 180 23-10-2020 06:26
Project Cars Digital Edition (3xDVD5) (srep+lzma) GTX590 PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 10 28-08-2017 08:34
Project IGI Anthology 1xCD700 CIUV2 2039 mausschieber PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 0 24-07-2017 15:12
Space Channel 5 Part 2 Translation Project Christuserloeser DC Games 0 21-06-2004 18:16



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com