Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2006, 15:46
Kobogo Kobogo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kobogo is on a distinguished road
Doesen't work for me neither.... I basically tried all you've all said, except for Dunno's suggestion. When I start ceasarIV.exe with procyon (secuROM loader) the message "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See http://www.securom.com/no_orig_found for more details." appears.

when I start C4exec.exe with procyon, the message "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original "Caesar IV" disc
in drive E:." appears.

I mounted the mini image (mcz-c4mi.mds) with daemon tools, disabled alcohol drives, without much success. I'm desperate enough to try switching the drive letters. But I won't do it just yet.

bloody hell. what am I missing?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-10-2006, 15:51
Kobogo Kobogo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kobogo is on a distinguished road
update: i tried the pr0t.st0p, still nothing. messages appearing tend to vary regardless of the .exe file I'm trying to run, though. wazzthatmean?
I just might go nuts with this game.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2006, 16:33
asheldon asheldon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: dsffd
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
asheldon is on a distinguished road
Unhappy stupid game

tested ALL of the above, game worked 1 time, and never again, not even after reinstall,
programm generates nt*dlll.dll and variuos other dlls each time it does not run, deleting these files doesnt help either, what is wrong??

someone plz can write a proper crack??


thx
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2006, 23:13
TippeX's Avatar
TippeX TippeX is offline
zeroes and ones.....
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
TippeX is on a distinguished road
those dlls are from the anti blacklist software you're running... like procyon, asr etc.. NOT from the game..
__________________
bleh
DO NOT PM me with questions, leave that in the forums...ESPECIALLY if i dont know you...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:33
lord_lobster lord_lobster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lord_lobster is on a distinguished road
same here i got it to work once but never again. i hope that someone works out a good way soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-2006, 05:40
Havoclivekiller Havoclivekiller is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Havoclivekiller is on a distinguished road
It worked before.... but now after restart it says what the rest is saying "Please insert original instead of backup"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2006, 11:15
monkeymajik monkeymajik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wales
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
monkeymajik is on a distinguished road
Change your CD/DVD drive letter

Worked for me, obviously with the mini image etc but it worked first time after changing my DVD to something like K.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-2006, 03:03
Endymion Endymion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Endymion is on a distinguished road
The Hard Way

Hi I have had a lot of problems getting this image to worke. But I finaly found a way, its not pretty nifty or some super leet way. its just pure presistens. I had read a lot of post about this problem all over the net. And I finaly came to the conclusion that I did every thing right and there was literaly nothing left for me to try. So here come my advice "If at first you don't succede, try try again" I know you might think it wont work and im not sure it will for every one, but for me and on this computer it did, if I just keep on trying like 20 or 30 times in a row, it let me in.
Btw her is my setup:
1. Install the game.
2. Use the Latest Version of Daemon Tool's
3. Mount the Image you Installed the game with for me it's "D:\Spil\Caesar IV\CD1\ccd-cr4a.mds" but i guss you can use the mini Image as well.
4. run using Procyon.exe(SecuROM_Loader_v7.26). I use the shortcut on the desktop with a modifide strin so it looks like this ""E:\Games\Sierra\Caesar IV\had.exe" -r CaesarIV.exe". it just makes it easier if you have to try it like 30 times!!!
5. Just keep on hitting that button boy.
I was borred and there was Hollowman in the tv that was why I tried this approch
I hope this can help some one. but I guss you have to be pretty desperate to try this...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-10-2006, 03:06
Endymion Endymion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Endymion is on a distinguished road
The Hard Way

Ohh and btw this leet methode works with version 1.1 as well
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2006, 07:32
TippeX's Avatar
TippeX TippeX is offline
zeroes and ones.....
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
TippeX is on a distinguished road
scary how desperate some people can get..

time required to put in original disk vs. launching executable 30+ (sometimes going into the hundreds) times....

crazy... of course the 'im worried about wear and tear on the cddrive' is a reasonable excuse but then what about the wear and tear on the harddisk

'leet' method .. /me giggles and thinks of kitchen sinks again....
__________________
bleh
DO NOT PM me with questions, leave that in the forums...ESPECIALLY if i dont know you...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpellForce 2 - mini image problem egon2 PC Games 5 15-01-2007 13:48
Need Homeworld 2 mini image SkeeterUK PC Games 3 19-09-2006 16:43
Not recognize cd after burn an image Toes PC Games 4 27-06-2002 23:05
ripping some backup DC CD's into an image, the big mystery - IMPORTANT run-n-gun DC Games 5 09-04-2001 17:51
I suppose we need to use cable to rip an image from a backup, just the same as retail DC. matt951 DC Games 2 28-02-2001 00:24



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com