|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
COOP play in LAN with 1 DVD
It's so simple, it's almost sad it took me 1 week to figure out!
Only works with an original copy of the game: 1. Install the game into each computer with the original DVD 2. Update or start the game 3. Once the game is in the Solo/COOP screen, remove the DVD from the DVD-Rom and put it into the other computer's DVD-Rom 4. Start a coop game with any of the two computers and enjoy fine LAN play Been tested an works with version 1.01 of the game To sum it up, the safety verification is done only upon starting the game (the loading gizmo), after that, it never checks for the DVD in the drive allowing to play like you would with an XBox or a PS2. It's as simple as that! |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Playing games is not the same after getting married. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
1. I paid my original copy of a game 2. I installed it on MY two computers 3. I allow a friend to play with ME via LAN So technically, it's as if I had purchased a console version. I didn't do any copy, hell I even can't. Damn game restrain my right to do myself a backup copy and, with our laws, THAT's illegal. But I don't mind, as long as I can enjoy what I paid for. Anyway, you see the common sense here. Cheers! |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
This is one of those things, that people are not sure about law wise.
1. You cant technically install the same disc on 2 machines, people think you can aslong as they are in your own home, but technically no, 1 copy per machine. 2. You can however, install on a machine, remove at a later date then install on a new one. You just cant however have on both machines at once. 3. Doesnt matter what intepretation is thrown at me from here, it clearly states in any game EULA and ESD (European Software Directive) that 1 copy per machine, no but's or maybe's. So thats why tbaher said it was sooooo illegal, but again it isnt that bad compared to buying a burned copy or downloading an image. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hello guys
nobody can explain like it with the mini image here plays. with the Nightmare it doesn't work....... Or later a mini image comes for Germans plays. sorry for my bad English. I come from Lohberg. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
perhaps it does not work because you use the serial of the german version. i did not test it because i have no english serial.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Playing games is not the same after getting married. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Totally on your side for that.
Plus, it's fun to see how laws tend to be contradictive of other laws. Ommpf, sorry for that syntax, my native language IS french after all! (And no I'm not from France, just to avoid some kind of debate on this!) It's nice to have some additionnal info on the license regulations though. One last thing, I read the license agreement, and nowhere it says I only have the right to install it on only one computer. So we have to know by definition that you're allowed just one licensed. With all those contracts, there should be a law course included with high school! Would make it so much easier on the brain
Last edited by Melthroak; 08-04-2005 at 13:51. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
no cd key trading/offering
Last edited by Eagle; 10-04-2005 at 02:49. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Please read the FileForums [URL="http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=54193"]BOARD RULES[/URL] and [URL="http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=73906"]FAQs[/URL]. This post may not be reproduced without prior written permission. Copyright (c) 2000-2008 All rights reserved to makes me feel special. :-) [COLOR=black] [/COLOR] |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
their that thinks also for the German version the mini image publishes.
Sorry for my bad English, I come from Germany. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi, I'm a new member of this forum and I'm sorry if I'll say something that's not right
I've tried the mini-image of game copy world, but I always receive the error of the activation code which isn't the same of the disc code. Is there a difference between the serial of the europe version and english one? The mini-image of game copy works only with a specific version of the game? Thx. Hi to everybody |
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I believe it work only with the English |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Splinter Cell Chaos Theory | sgtshaft | PC Games | 21 | 05-05-2005 18:24 |
| Found Patch For Splinter Cell 2 | xman26 | PS2 Games | 1 | 12-07-2004 14:12 |
| Splinter CELL 2 v.1.02 crack | GhoulTouch | Multi Player Games | 0 | 12-06-2004 03:13 |
| Splinter Cell Read Errors and slow dump Q,. | wisting | PC Games | 5 | 30-06-2003 02:26 |
| Splinter Cell 3rd Disc | anglik24 | PC Games | 4 | 04-03-2003 20:30 |