Thread: [Dev]XTool
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 04:34
Programmer

Thanked 9,943 Times in 2,140 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
Here's an early working version of xtool. I'm still busy adding preflate, reflate and other things so currently only the zlib function works which means this will not work on Dishonored 2 or DOOM but it will work on most titles.

Drag and drop game files that are zlib compressed on the bat file

Things to test:

* Stability
* Can you cancel installation when xtool was used in setup
* If you have 16 threads or more, make xtool use 100% of your cpu to see if it can handle it
* if you have 32GB+ ram, set high chunk size, something like -c1gb and see if xtool was able to allocate the necessary memory
* If you have potato pc, don't worry I got a job for you check if there are no problems if you are using 1 thread both in encoding and decoding

Whatever you do, don't place preflate_dll.dll near the exe, not yet. else it will fail, the preflate code hasn't been added yet

Notes:

The file check must report
FC: no differences encountered
if the test went successfully, if it failed kindly upload the file it failed on.

This xtool uses slightly more memory than the 2019 version, I opted for stability than less memory usage

xtool now accepts maths expressions in command line, if you wanted it to use all cores minus 1, you can just write -t100p-1 or -t100-2, totally up to you

Next release/test focuses on:

+ preflate
+ reflate (reflate actually isn't replaced by preflate, it sometimes gives better output than preflate so I'll keep it just in case you are after best results)
+ depth setting
Attached Files
File Type: 7z xtool_zlib_test.7z (904.1 KB, 47 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
ffmla (18-07-2020), PsYcHo_RaGE (18-07-2020), shazzla (18-07-2020)