View Single Post
Old 27-02-2008, 09:35

aeoric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quall999 View Post
Well, please tell me if I left any of your questions unanswered. That was a long post.
I appreciate your prompt reply actually.

Quote:
1. The xbox will only output in HD under NTSC. In order for the xbox to output in 480p, 720p, or 1080i, you will need to switch to NTSC. Even then, you must also own the advanced video HD cable to output component. And you may need to patch each game's xbe to use 480p+ since it is technically not supported by most games.
Ok - will never need it for gaming (I use a PC for that, not much of a console gamer).

I have the HD cables coming in the post, and you confirm what I'd read - I need to switch it to NTSC for this to work. And here is the crux of the problem.

The box is softmodded (no additional chips have ever been added) - so I can't find any definitive reference as to whether Enigmah will even work on a softmodded box only.

I've downloaded Enigmah (and v.2) from a site - but I can't mount/explore the image using any of the tools you would normally use for this - thus I can't see a default.xbe associated with them.

I've FTP'd them to the Xbox under E/APPS/ as images (not directory structures).

The main problem however - that at this point seems insurmountable is that whatever I do - the screen keeps scrolling/cascading down at a rate that's too fast to interpret/read. I cannot see what options I'm selecting with the controller. Thus I cannot browse or launch anything this way (unless someone with the same (latest) version of T3CH's XBMC were to give me the key-presses needed).

I tried using Nero to write the 'data image' of Enigmah and (as some people suggested) I filled the rest of the disk up with other 'dummy files'.

However - I can't even tell if it's able to read the disc (as the picture is scrolling too fast).

I'm tempted to aquire a CDRW and DVD-R and do the same thing - but I'm faced with the same problem.

I guess I'm looking for a way to change the setting from PAL to NTSC either remotely OR as if I cannot see the screen (a list of key-presses from boot until completion).

Or - if there's a way (like the old autoexec days of yore) that I can get the Xbox to launch into that app (Enigmah) upon boot - then select 'B' - that might work - but I wouldn't know how to implement this.

Regarding Evo-X etc, I have no clue what this is or what dashboard I'm using.

Quote:
2. Changing video modes cannot be done in XBMC. XBMC will output whatever the xbox is set to. The only video format settings are for changing the skin formatting. The video switching was removed because people kept clicking it, not knowing what it was, and then complaining that it had screwed their xbox.

3. As for button combinations. When the Enigmah software loads, Press (A) for Pal, and (B) to change to NTSC.
If I could see the picture to navigate to launch the program - I could try this.

Quote:
5. How are you burning the image? When writing to a disk, are you writing it like any ole' file, or are you doing an image burn? If you send it to your xbox, then you need to extract the image first and send the files. Evox has an FTP. Also, use cd-rw's.
I do not know how old your build is, but look here:
http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions

You can launch the video mode selector from FTP. Your FTP client should have a "Send raw ftp command" somewhere.

you want to send this raw command:
XBMC.RunXBE(f:\apps\enigmah\default.xbe)

obviously you will need to change the path to point to your folder.
This might be an option - but I wouldn't know where to begin

As mentioned above - I use the (latest) version of T3CH's XBMC