View Single Post
Old 21-02-2020, 07:38

Thanked 1,752 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupta View Post
current GetFlayByLine function is pretty hard to understand, reading the description can't we do it in this way;
and please whoever is developing current CIU please try to use meaningful variable names. L1 LN S1 doesn't make any sense
I am currently developing on the CIU script.
At the time KaktoR didn't know much about programming and I helped him to solve some problems in the script and then he gave me the opportunity to continue editing the script.
KaktoR tests and takes care of the compressors and shares the versions I send to him.
I use variables S1, L1, etc so that the code is smaller and better visualization of most of the code in the Inno Setup interface. But each variable has its meaning in relation to what it does.
S1, S2, S3 = Temporary Strings.
FL = Flags per line.
FC = Flags count.
LN = Language Number.

In this GetFlagByLine function, if the number of parameters in FlagsByLine= key (setup.ini) does not cover all flags, the next lines will have the same amount as the previous one. The same is true in the GetFlagBoxAlign function.
Example containing 17 flags.
FlagsByLine=3,2,5
Results:
line 1 with 3 flags
line 2 with 2 flags
line 3 with 5 flags
line 4 with 5 flags
line 5 with 2 flags (3 + 2 + 5 + 5 + 2 = 17)

Look the test with my code in the attached file.
It avoids several errors due to lack of information that can happen if the user does not configure Setup.ini correctly.
It also only makes it possible to activate the BOX mode and no other keys are needed to create a square with the flags.
In my code it is also possible to insert empty lines between the lines with flags, as for example for 16 languages in 4 lines of flags and 3 empty lines.
FlagsByLine=4,0,4,0,4,0,4
Attached Files
File Type: 7z FlagByLine_Test.7z (1.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Cesar82; 21-02-2020 at 09:26.