View Single Post
Old 27-05-2021, 22:13

L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

I recently finally figured out how to properly encode and package .usm files, and I was wondering if anyone who has some experience here might be able to help me out with a little issue pertaining to implementing the new, encoded files. In the title "Batman: Arkham City" every encoded .usm, bar the initial file loaded "0_CW_Intro.usm", soft-locks the title at the conclusion of the video file, the only solution to this is manual user input to skip the cut-scene, which the title enables users to do for every pre-rendered cut-scene (all pre-rendered cut-scenes are contained within .usm files). This isn't a massive issue, as it can be solved by adding additional footage informing the user when to skip, however, I want to minimise this additional user-inputs if it is at all possible. I have multiple other titles I want to test out encoding .usm files on ("The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt", "Batman: Arkham Origins" & "Batman: Arkham Knight", to name a few), and as this is the first title I have attempted to encode .usm files on, I cannot say whether this is a title-specific issue or not.

My current plan is to stitch on a 10 second clip at the end of each effected video notifying the user their input is required, as I don't think there is any other solution.

Last edited by L33THAK0R; 27-05-2021 at 22:36. Reason: Additional note