FileForums

FileForums (https://fileforums.com/index.php)
-   Conversion Tutorials (https://fileforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Best Compression Methods for 'Specific' Games. Q&A (https://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=99554)

KaktoR 04-10-2018 02:40

Ok. Will use lzma. lolz tooks too long :) Will start tonight and let it run over night.

K4miKaZe 04-10-2018 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaktoR (Post 476110)
Ok. Will use lzma. lolz tooks too long :) Will start tonight and let it run over night.

Lolz is my friend then :p

I will start a bit later, i want to complete the FF series first. I hope Odyssey doesnt take more time then Origins.

K4miKaZe 04-10-2018 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaktoR (Post 476107)
Same as in Origins, Xtool:oodle won't work with big input (single files are OK). Xtool will just stop working and files will be just copied without inflating.

KaktoR can you tell me the AFR version u are using? I did the same file with mine but get a slightly different size:

Compressed 1 file, 237,207,552 => 549,824,267 bytes. Ratio 231.79%

Thanks !!!

KaktoR 04-10-2018 07:18

AFR_x64.exe
+
afrpatch.dll

ZAZA4EVER 04-10-2018 08:58

Assassin's.Creed.Odyssey.Gold.Edition
 
3 Attachment(s)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition Repack Eng only
Repack From 45.8GB TO 23.7Gb
With Afr+afrpatch.dll by Razor
AFR + SREP + LOLZ
BUT You Should know afr has different headers with game files but afr repack and unpack well
I think afr need simple modify from razor to ac Odyssey
To get better ratio
Almost Odyssey such as origins in files

Xtool Dont Work For All Game Files Result as Srep+Lzma 29.4Gb
Xtool Work For one File of the game not Full Files

Simorq 04-10-2018 09:06

Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition [v2.1.0.4]
 
Code:

Original Size: 12.4 GB (13,378,714,043 Bytes)
Compressed Size: 7.34 GB (7,884,486,177 Bytes)
Compression Time: 4 Hours (6 Cores + 16GB RAM + HDD + DiskSpan)
Decompression Time: 25 Minutes
Method:
Upak File= pZLib3:c132m:t100p+srep:m3f:l512+lolz:dtb1:d192m:mtt1:mt4:mc1023
BIK File= bpk+srep:m3f
Other Files= srep:m3f:l128+7z

Notes:
Repack uses pZLib3 v3.0.1.0 library By Razor12911
Repack uses Srep v3.92 library By Bulat Ziganshin
Repack uses Lolz v2.1.a.7 library By ProFrager


The installation time with XTool is 90 minutes.
Although the ratio is better.

KaktoR 04-10-2018 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAZA4EVER (Post 476116)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition Repack Eng only
Repack From 45.8GB TO 23.7Gb
With Afr+afrpatch.dll by Razor
AFR + SREP + LOLZ
BUT You Should know afr has different headers with game files but afr repack and unpack well
I think afr need simple modify from razor to ac Odyssey
To get better ratio
Almost Odyssey such as origins in files

Xtool Dont Work For All Game Files Result as Srep+Lzma 29.4Gb
Xtool Work For one File of the game not Full Files

What was time of compression? 15 hours more?

Simorq 04-10-2018 10:17

You can use "Hibernation" for long compression times.

1:CMD Pause
2:Use ReduceMemory
3:Hibernation PC:p

felice2011 04-10-2018 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simorq (Post 476119)
You can use "Hibernation" for long compression times.

1:CMD Pause
2:Use ReduceMemory
3:Hibernation PC:p

Already tried, it is not the same thing, the process continues but the compression times are even longer.

ZAZA4EVER 04-10-2018 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaktoR (Post 476118)
What was time of compression? 15 hours more?

25 hr

felice2011 04-10-2018 13:06

FARCRY 5

Inside 2 Language (English/Italian)

Mthd = (ZTool+srep64+Lzma2)

plzo:c64m:t4:st50p:ct4:b128kb+srep64:m5f:a2:d1g+lz ma2:d512m:fb=273:mf=bt4:mc=100000000:lc=4:lp=0

IN = 29.4 GB

Splitted in 3 Archive :

1) FC5_1.bin = 8,21 GB

2) FC5_2.bin = 9,64 GB

3) FC5_3.bin = 5,27 GB

Tot OUT = 23.1 GB

Tot Ratio = 78.5%

Time/Comp = 4h:20min

Simorq 04-10-2018 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAZA4EVER (Post 476122)
25 hr

:(
What was the Lolz setting?
And what is your CPU?

K4miKaZe 04-10-2018 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simorq (Post 476124)
:(
What was the Lolz setting?
And what is your CPU?

I started it 2 hours ago, it says 12 hours now (should be a bit more, if its going to be as origin i think that due to the lower size it should be 16-17 hours). Same settings as always on my ac games and same machine (4 cores at 3.9GHz, 8GB Ram and SSD but SSD doesnt matter, maybe its 1 minute faster due to the first temp creation).

Will post tomorrow the complete results with compression and installation times as always. Time to go to bed, hope its ready when i wake up but i dont think so hahaha.

Edit: Its almost done, total time will be around 15 hours, when i get back to home i will post install time but it looks very good.

ZAZA4EVER 05-10-2018 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simorq (Post 476124)
:(
What was the Lolz setting?
And what is your CPU?

Lolz:tt1:d512m:mtt1:mt2:mtb64m
I used windows server rdb
Xeon 2.6ghz 12core with 64gb Ram

Simorq 05-10-2018 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAZA4EVER (Post 476131)
Lolz:tt1:d512m:mtt1:mt2:mtb64m
I used windows server rdb
Xeon 2.6ghz 12core with 64gb Ram

windows server :D
mtb64m is wrong.
Anyway, Lolz calculates him as mtb512m.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com