FileForums

FileForums (https://fileforums.com/index.php)
-   Conversion Tutorials (https://fileforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Helping thread :) (https://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=98274)

~MAK~ 20-09-2016 19:57

Helping thread :)

So guys I just registered to this community, but I am a old visitor and old member on encode.ru. I made this thread because as I seen many people spamming the forum for every game, so everything related to compression or decompression will be answered here :)

Razor12911 20-09-2016 20:14

It's useless if you ask me, we been making many threads for asking questions, even some sticky threads for those but people will start new threads, even asking questions for stuff that has been already asked before.

~MAK~ 20-09-2016 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor12911 (Post 451905)
It's useless if you ask me, we been making many threads for asking questions, even some sticky threads for those but people will start new threads, even asking questions for stuff that has been already asked before.

LOL, so peoples are so dumb in this forum that they lost there one(eyes) of the 5 senses given to them by god?

Razor12911 20-09-2016 20:28

What do you mean they lost one? they lost all of them.
Just kidding :D, but they make you wonder sometimes.
Anyways, welcome to Fileforums.

~MAK~ 20-09-2016 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor12911 (Post 451910)
What do you mean they lost one? they lost all of them.
Just kidding :D, but they make you wonder sometimes.
Anyways, welcome to Fileforums.

Yeah, I seen some hardworking guys too, Like Gozark and altef_4 and yener90 also and you too, anyways, wherever I join, I always share my knowledge so that I couldn't be a leecher there :)

Razor12911 20-09-2016 20:36

Maybe change will start with you, maybe people will start asking here.

~MAK~ 20-09-2016 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor12911 (Post 451912)
Maybe change will start with you, maybe people will start asking here.

yeah, hope so, I will try my best ;)

Edit - Currently learning more new things from Shelwien, he is a nice guy too and my old friend.

Razor12911 20-09-2016 21:32

Ok you and Shelwien are old friends, I got a question then.
Where is he from because it doesn't seem like he is from this planet?

~MAK~ 20-09-2016 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor12911 (Post 451918)
Ok you and Shelwien are old friends, I got a question then.
Where is he from because it doesn't seem like he is from this planet?

LOL hahaha, really sometime, I ask this question myself too :P

Gupta 21-09-2016 00:56

Maybe u should add some commonly asked question at the first post..

RamiroCruzo 21-09-2016 00:59

Yeah..Whenever we ask him how he's so good, he tells someone else's name and say he rarely does the thing...Leaving us with the question, "Is he from future or something? -_-"

Anyways, welcome to the forum matey ^_^

Razor bro, had a conflict with Val and blah blah stuff, so am gone....So don't worry.. ;)

-RAGE- 21-09-2016 03:51

LoL Nice Thread MAK.......good to see you here & You Should add some Basic Questions to your thread also

felice2011 21-09-2016 05:24

I see more normal opening a thread to call for help, although the answers may already be given in other threads, that the new user who opens a new thread just to chat, so there a dedicated section here....http://www.fileforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29;)

~MAK~ 21-09-2016 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceGupta2000 (Post 451921)
Maybe u should add some commonly asked question at the first post..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamiroCruzo (Post 451922)
Yeah..Whenever we ask him how he's so good, he tells someone else's name and say he rarely does the thing...Leaving us with the question, "Is he from future or something? -_-"

Anyways, welcome to the forum matey ^_^

Razor bro, had a conflict with Val and blah blah stuff, so am gone....So don't worry.. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RAGE- (Post 451926)
LoL Nice Thread MAK.......good to see you here & You Should add some Basic Questions to your thread also

Quote:

Originally Posted by felice2011 (Post 451929)
I see more normal opening a thread to call for help, although the answers may already be given in other threads, that the new user who opens a new thread just to chat, so there a dedicated section here....http://www.fileforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29;)

Thanks everyone for the welcome :) I will add some basic questions answer too in my thread soon, actually currently busy with my exams and it will end by next month ;) Anyways, nice to see this community. Have Got any problem? Pm me, I will try to resolve it

ChronoCross 21-09-2016 11:42

Welcome MAK and thanks for made this thread!.
i have a question.
Some files in games have 98% or 99% of entropy like media or compressed data.
sometimes this data are packed and imposible to extract and rebuild without any errors.
So just for save time, there is any way to sort those files with 98% or 99% of entropy in a list to use a store method of compresion.
I mean like a entropy detector or something like that?
i ask you this because we can easy detect media files by extension (ogg, bik, mp3) but in some cases this files are already packed, so extension doesnŽt work here.
thanks

~MAK~ 21-09-2016 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoCross (Post 451942)
Welcome MAK and thanks for made this thread!.
i have a question.
Some files in games have 98% or 99% of entropy like media or compressed data.
sometimes this data are packed and impossible to extract and rebuild without any errors.
So just for save time, there is any way to sort those files with 98% or 99% of entropy in a list to use a store method of compression.
I mean like a entropy detector or something like that?
i ask you this because we can easy detect media files by extension (ogg, bik, mp3) but in some cases this files are already packed, so extension doesnŽt work here.
thanks

hmmm, whenever I get that type of files, then I firstly try Offzip by Luigi to see if their is any raw files or not on that specific files, if their is, then I try reflate with them or you can you precomp also after knowing the offzip location of streams ;) , and compress them, if not and you don't even get any rebuilder or extractor, then you could even give a try to zstd, sometime, its worth on these type files ;)

ChronoCross 21-09-2016 12:13

Thank you!. IŽll try

ChronoCross 22-09-2016 18:40

I was download smoke.exe by bulat. This tool can calculate the entropy and also have the source in c .
I need a script in batch to sort the files with 95% and 100% of entropy to txt file list.
This list of files is to using in arc.exe to storing.
So any ideas?

minivj 22-09-2016 19:16

I have my game compressed with
Quote:

-mpzlib+srep+lzma:max data.arc
and i want to implement the compression with asc template. Please help me, what to do next??

~MAK~ 22-09-2016 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoCross (Post 451989)
I was download smoke.exe by bulat. This tool can calculate the entropy and also have the source in c .
I need a script in batch to sort the files with 95% and 100% of entropy to txt file list.
So any ideas?

Ahh matey, that is nice, but its old too, anyways, am not much good in writing batch files, but I will try to write one, currently having exams also :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by minivj (Post 451990)
I have my game compressed with
and i want to implement the compression with asc template. Please help me, what to do next??

Go to deployment>>Setup Resources and then click on add pzlib.exe and pzlib64.exe

and add your arc.ini also which you used for compression ;)

~MAK~ 22-09-2016 19:30

Quote:

So any ideas?

Btw, why not you use mask with arc?? Just make a new mask in arc.groups and add that file extension, and add that mask in your command line, and then add a no compression method? :P

aswadd 23-09-2016 00:11

Mak I want to ask you what's ur opinion or ur experience of / about
lzma & xz (Lzma2) & 4x4:lzma which do you prefer to use for a good ratio & also good decompression speed
I also see most of the repackers doesn't use huge dictionary / lzma max settings !! However in most of the cases it won't help u much the difference will be couple of megabytes :)
can you explain more about lzma :)

aswadd 23-09-2016 00:23

Quote:

So any ideas?

you will need a huge batch file to handle this , however i'm not sure about bat , i don't think it can be done with batch

~MAK~ 23-09-2016 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by aswadd (Post 451996)
Mak I want to ask you what's ur opinion or ur experience of / about
lzma & xz (Lzma2) & 4x4:lzma which do you prefer to use for a good ratio & also good decompression speed
I also see most of the repackers doesn't use huge dictionary / lzma max settings !! However in most of the cases it won't help u much the difference will be couple of megabytes :)
can you explain more about lzma :)

Aswadd if you ask my opinion, I mostly prefer xz, the reason is, if its offers a very fast decompression speed and it even gives much better ratio sometimes, and normally it could be bigger by 1-2mb in comparison to lzma, but for 1-2mb, I could go for xz because it has faster installation time.... Books are calling me... Talk to you later ;)

aswadd 23-09-2016 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~MAK~ (Post 452000)
Aswadd if you ask my opinion, I mostly prefer xz, the reason is, if its offers a very fast decompression speed and it even gives much better ratio sometimes, and normally it could be bigger by 1-2mb in comparison to lzma, but for 1-2mb, I could go for xz because it has faster installation time.... Books are calling me... Talk to you later ;)

yes i know that :D but what if we edited the comparison to be like this
4x4:lzma vs xz
I think 4x4:lzma will be faster & better but in the end it costs more ram & cpu :)

~MAK~ 23-09-2016 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by aswadd (Post 452002)
I think 4x4:lzma will be faster & better but in the end it costs more ram & cpu :)

Matey, there are varieties in every thing, look you could get better speed also, but in the cost of high CPU usuage, but I normally prefer xz, I don't say lzma is bad, but just I'll like xz speed and ratio with its normal CPU usage, am on mobile and couldn't tell you everything now.

Gupta 23-09-2016 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by aswadd (Post 452002)

IMOH, if u r planning to use things with freearc then go with fazip
this will give u better compression speed and u don't even need fazip.exe to decompress and even better compression speed many times

Quote:

[External compressor:rep,lzma,4x4,delta,exe]
header = 0
mem = 730
packcmd = fazip -i0 compress:{compressor}{:option} <stdin> <stdout>
unpackcmd = fazip -i0 decompress:{compressor}{:option} <stdin> <stdout>

~MAK~ 23-09-2016 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceGupta2000 (Post 452008)
this will give u better compression speed and u don't even need fazip.exe to decompress and even better compression speed many times

Yeah that is princegupta, but he actually asked me the difference, and I was on mobile and still on mobile, BTW thanks for contributing, this thread is made for sharing of knowledge only ;) I am good to see that people are stepping forward to make the forum clean :)

lolaya 23-09-2016 07:52

[email protected] you welcome :)

Blade2239 23-09-2016 10:21

anybody playing GTA V PC game.
I am playing this and my problem is whenever I open GTAlauncher.exe game starts and loads directly into game no main menu..
I tried landing page and turned it on and off many times restarted the PC nothing worked....
now how to do it anyone have knowledge about it

aswadd 23-09-2016 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceGupta2000 (Post 452008)

yes i'm using fazip for 4x4 :D Anyway it took 100% of my cpu usage & a lot of ram but it's 4/5 time faster than normal lzma & 2x faster than xz :D Eventually it's a multi thread tool :)

I just want to ask can i control the cpu usage of 4x4 ?? or even making it take less cpu & ram :( i can't add more than 120mb dictionary to it :( , any way to limit 4x4 ??

ChronoCross 23-09-2016 16:26

4x4 doesn't have dict option do you mean blocks options. 4x4:b1g:lzma

ChronoCross 23-09-2016 20:55

1 Attachment(s)
Recently i was compiled zlib_jo for test.
Compressing 1,208,218 bytes with precomp -intense0 -cn +srep+exe+delta+lzma = 1.105.920 bytes
Compressing 1,208,218 bytes with zlib_jo
+srep+exe+delta+lzma = 1.114.112 bytes
Compressing 1,208,218 bytes with 7zR\7zR.exe a -t7z -m0=reflate:x6 +srep+exe+delta+lzma = 1.019.904 bytes
Compressing 1,208,218 bytes with reflateMT.exe -process -c6 -t6 +srep+exe+delta+lzma = 692.224 bytes

so reflateMT is the best! Good work guys!

aswadd 24-09-2016 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoCross (Post 452030)
4x4 doesn't have dict option do you mean blocks options. 4x4:b1g:lzma

no i mean it take too much ram so that I can't add a larg dictionary because there is no much free ram :(

lzma:a1:mfbt4:d300m:fb128:mc999:lc8

4x4:lzma:a1:mfbt4:d100m:fb128:mc999:lc8

~MAK~ 24-09-2016 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by aswadd (Post 452039)
no i mean it take too much ram so that I can't add a larg dictionary because there is no much free ram :(

lzma:a1:mfbt4:d300m:fb128:mc999:lc8

4x4:lzma:a1:mfbt4:d100m:fb128:mc999:lc8

Matey, as I told you, Overall if you see by system usage and decompression speed, and multi threaded wise, then I vote for xz. ;) Its my opinion and way to see.

Gupta 24-09-2016 02:13

if u going with xz then
i advise u left the Freearc and take 7zip route

aswadd 24-09-2016 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~MAK~ (Post 452040)
Matey, as I told you, Overall if you see by system usage and decompression speed, and multi threaded wise, then I vote for xz. ;) Its my opinion and way to see.

yes u are right :D but if the dictionary won't effect so much i'll go with 4x4 :D

ChronoCross 26-09-2016 10:36

I need some help to configure pzstd for arc.ini.

felice2011 26-09-2016 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoCross (Post 452120)
I need some help to configure pzstd for arc.ini.

:confused: what's the problem. :confused:

ChronoCross 26-09-2016 12:15

i have this code:
Code:

[External compressor:pzstd]
header = 0
packcmd  = pzstd.exe $$arcdatafile$$.tmp -o $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp  {options}   
unpackcmd = pzstd.exe -d -f $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp -o $$arcdatafile$$.tmp

the thing is to use numbers of threads (-n 6) in arc.exe
Code:

-mpzstd:n 6:p:u:19
the code in arc.exe does not accept spaces and that`s is the problem because i need to write this option in arc.ini

Code:

[External compressor:pzstd]
header = 0
packcmd  = pzstd.exe $$arcdatafile$$.tmp -o $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp -n 6  {options}   
unpackcmd = pzstd.exe -d -f $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp -o $$arcdatafile$$.tmp

where i can get the source code only to chage this parameter -n (the space thing)

thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited

Problem solved with quotation marks!

Code:

-mpzstd:"n 6":p:u:19
sorry for spend your time :o