CloneCD/DVD   -   BlindWrite   -   1Click DVD Copy   -   AnyDVD
DAEMON Tools   -   CureROM -   Pr0t.St0p   -   SD4 Hider/Blocker
GameCopyWorld   -   ConsoleCopyWorld   -   CD Media World   -   CoverTarget   -   LinkWorld

Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities

Old 15-03-2002, 10:31

MolitorFan
Unload the Debugger and Try again

Hi
I've spent the last 2 days searching this forum to find an answer to my question but to no avail. I have High Heat 2003 which has SD 2.51.21. Every time I try to launch the game I get a window error that reads "Unload the Debugger and try again". I read that programs like Daemon tools etc. have been black listed. I have uninstalled everything pertaining to making backups and all emulators and still get the message. I installed from the original CD and tried to play from the original CD and still the same message. I was wondering if anyone knows what file(s) is causing Windows XP to detect a deuigger? Where can I find it and get rid of it? If not does anyone know how to make a fixed executable or a no CD patch for this game.
Thanks so much for reading this
Sponsored Links
Old 15-03-2002, 15:00

MolitorFan
Debugger

No, I actually don't have either installed. I really don't know what's going on.
Old 16-03-2002, 14:58
Die Hard Member

Location: Greece!Athens....(You know the place with the Parthenon,don't you?)
themis_t
is it legal?

Oloi oi ellines [URL=http://www.forums.gr/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63]edo[/URL]!!!
Old 17-03-2002, 17:07

MolitorFan
Yes, it is legal. It's a store-bought game and was installed and (attempted) played with the original CD

I don't know about calling tech support since debuggers come up because of safedisc.
Old 18-03-2002, 13:51
Die Hard Member

themis_t
that was why i asked the question...

Oloi oi ellines [URL=http://www.forums.gr/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63]edo[/URL]!!!
Old 20-03-2002, 03:54

InSOMniA4ever
Quote:
Originally posted by CirKutz
If any type of debugger is installed and running, safedisc will pop this up. API monitors and all may trigger the message. It would be nice to get around this
mmm in former time (when i was more intended in this topic ) there was a tool called frogsice ... this may help you.
(but i'm not longer up2date in this topic)

InSOMniA
Old 20-03-2002, 05:08

crispy
There are several ways that protection mechanisms look for debuggers running in the background.
Frogsice won't help as it's out of date (won't help with sd2), and useless if softice isn't running. (Although it will log sd2's attempts to detect a debugger and could give you a clue to what's happening)

In the end, if you are playing from an original cd on a machine without a debugger present, then this is definitely a problem for the tech support of the software developer.

Ring them and pick their brains
Old 22-05-2002, 10:58

maccobra1123
Unload debugger - who knows?

I have the same error message: A debugger has been detected - X "Unload the debugger and try again" for two games: MOHAA and Aquanox. Neither tech support for EA Games or Fishtank could help me. All they told me to do was unload all of the not essential processes running and try different compatibility modes of Windows XP, e.g. 98, 2000. These didn't work at all. I have search my hard drive for SoftICE, APS and other text that might give a hint of a debugger but to no avail. Is there a tool or a list of file names or registry keys available that can be referenced to find what is causing safedisc 2.51 to cause this error message to popup. I have legal CDs of both games. In fact, I played MOHAA 2/3 of the way through and than took a break for 3 weeks. When I started playing it again, this message came up. I uninstalled all the software I loaded since than and still get this message. I reinstalled the game and still this error message. I have found about 4 messages on various forums but no one has an answer. Does anyone have an idea how to deal with this?

Jerry
Old 22-05-2002, 14:05
Die Hard Member

themis_t
i know 1 more prog like frogsice...when i remember the name i will post it.....

Old 22-05-2002, 20:33

maccobra1123
Aquanox has 2.51 safedisc protection and I get the same error message when I try to start this game. I am hoping to avoid a clean reinstall of windows. Do you know of any "black list" for this copy protection?

Jerry
Old 22-05-2002, 20:39
Die Hard Member

podunkviller
uninstall any emulator/decompilers, and then run regcleaner
Old 22-05-2002, 21:54

maccobra1123
Where would these be found? What names should I look for? I am not a programmer/hacker or cracker. I have checked my control panel uninstall service many times and can't find any such program that I think would be in this category. What name would appear in the task window under running processes for such programs?

Jerry
Old 23-05-2002, 08:29
Die Hard Member

podunkviller
these would be things you installed to get around copy protections. you should know what they are. then, delete any folders in your program files directory, and use reg-cleaner to remove registry keys that are no longer in use.
Old 23-05-2002, 09:20

bOOls eYe
I don't think Safedisc searches registry entries of debuggers.
SoftIce is installed on my computer, but it's not loaded now (I disabled it in my autoexec.bat), and I can perfectly run SD protected games.
If SoftIce is loaded, pressing Ctrl-D will take you to its main window (press Ctrl-D again to quit). If nothing happens, SI is not loaded.

FrogsIce will work with SD 1.xx.xx, but not with SD2.
If both SoftIce and FrogsIce are loaded, and you try to run a SD2 protected exe, the message 'Unload the debugger and try again' will NOT appear ! It will just quit, even before the cd-check.

Another debugger is TRW. If this program is loaded, SD2 will refuse to run too (I'm not 100% sure about that, as I always work with SoftIce).

themis_t, I think you mean 'Icepatch' as that alternative for FrogsIce...

Have a look at your autoexec.bat file to see if a debugger is loaded during startup.

If the message still appears, I suggest to mail to Macrovi$ion, not to the game developers.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by bOOls eYe; 23-05-2002 at 11:19.
Old 24-05-2002, 13:09
Die Hard Member

themis_t
then try everything you can think of...i think you are clever enough so one of your ways will work....