CloneCD/DVD   -   BlindWrite   -   1Click DVD Copy   -   AnyDVD
DAEMON Tools   -   CureROM -   Pr0t.St0p   -   SD4 Hider/Blocker
GameCopyWorld   -   ConsoleCopyWorld   -   CD Media World   -   CoverTarget   -   LinkWorld

Go Back   FileForums > Support Forums > GameCopyWorld Support

Old 14-03-2012, 01:49

CRV12 is on a distinguished road
About the uploaded archives for The SIMs 3: Showtime NoDVD/Fixed EXE downloads page

Greetings to everyone on this fine community & I apologize in advance if I have posted this topic in the wrong forum subsection.

I decided to register a forum account because I noticed that the two archives mentioned at the very bottom of this page over at gamecopyworld...

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/p...showtime.shtml

... seem to contain exactly the same two files, a TS3W.EXE file & a TSLHOST.DLL file.

However, it is clearly written on the "Play Instructions" instructions that Archive #1 should have the TS3W.EXE file & the TSLHOST.DLL file & Archive #2 should have the TS3.EXE file & another TSLHOST.DLL File.

By the by, I have a question regarding the two TSLHOST.DLL files. Because they are both named as "TSLHOST.DLL", wouldn't following step #4 just overwrite the one you are supposed to apply at step #3?

Also, with the other NoDVD/Fixed EXE files for other SIMs 3 Expansion Packs I noticed that it is not the TS3W.EXE file you needed to replace but rather was the Expansion Pack executable which is often labeled "TS3EP0X.EXE where "0X" is the expansion pack number which for Showtime is "TS3EP06.EXE".

So in conclusion, could the files on the download page be erroneous uploads?
Sponsored Links
Old 14-03-2012, 13:05
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
I think you only need the files from archive #1, that for the addon itself. Its info file says Copy the content from the Fairlight folder to the folder of your "The Sims 3" installation, overwrite when prompted so probably archive #2, for the main game, is not needed.

Remember that we, GCW staff, have almost none of the games for which cracks are hosted so we can't test them for real. If you want to help GCW, or rather its visitors, find out yourself which combination of files works and give us an update suggestion. Thanks!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: sta@c64.org; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 14-03-2012, 16:58

CRV12 is on a distinguished road
@Joe Forster/STA: Thanks for the sound advice

I did as you said, downloading only archive #1 & replacing its contents onto the main SIMs 3 Game directory & shazam! The fixed EXE does work!

So for now I've every expansion pack for The SIMs 3 in working order... until the next EP that is
Old 15-03-2012, 02:08
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Okay, then the solution is: Empire, please, remove archive #2 - as well as references to it and the main The Sims 3 game - from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_3_showtime.shtml#The Sims 3: Showtime v1.0 [MULTI21] No-DVD/Fixed EXE.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: sta@c64.org; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!